No announcement yet.

your favorite comedy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the extras is sooo funny, kate winslet talking dirty my OH said he had never seen me laugh so much

Comment

Feck! Arse! Drink! Its gotta be Father Ted. I remember I used to like Dave Allen, but I can't think of any now. Also, early Eddie Izzard...live. I saw him in Norwich and London, brilliant. Oh, and Jeremy Hardy in Brighton - didn't know him, but I had free tickets - terrific he was. We always like Just A Minute on Radio 4, and the Irish bloke off Gardeners Question Time (John Cushnie?) he deserves his own show.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have to agree about Jeremy Hardy. I saw him in Hull a couple of years ago. He spoke for 2 hours, unscripted, and was an absolute scream. Also love Green Wing and Father Ted.
        Last edited by Flummery; 13-03-2007, 07:51 PM.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Sorry, there are too many to choose just one.

I still laugh at old stuff like The Navy Lark, Round the Horne, TWTWTW, Monty Python, anything with Ronnie Barker, (but not Ronnie Corbett!) Up Pompeii, Carry Ons with Sid James and Kenneth Williams; Allo Allo, Dad's Army, Ain't half hot mum, Are you being served; anything with Julie Walters/Victoria Wood; Recently enjoyed Jam and Jerusalem. I could go on.

What I don't laugh at are Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill; some things are too cringe making, and I dont like seeing people belittled or hurt.

Comment

Python is a classic along with Farty towels ( or the other variants of Fawlty towers).

Alot of the modern stuff I just don;t find funny I'm afraid ( must be me age) although I did enjoy Posh Nosh.

The only other has got to be the Blackadder series I think.
            Last edited by nick the grief; 13-03-2007, 08:14 PM.
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Has to be Father Ted. Also love Ronnie Corbet in Open all Hours and Love The Royle Family. They do it so well and mostly just stay in the same room. Particularly love the granny in it.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Just a Minute and Sorry I haven't a Clue on the Radio (Humphrey Lyttleton is just ace!) but anything with David Jason on the TV, the Two Ronnies and the Good Life.
                ......... oh and the greatest of all time, Morcambe and Wise doing the Breakfast Scene to the music of the Stripper .... giggling even thinking of it!
                ~
                Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I'm with JA on this.... virtually any panel show on R4, anything involving Andy Hamilton, and on TV, HIGNFY and I loved People like Us, both radio and TV version.

Comment

Further to Father Ted, one line still sticks in my mind, and reduces me to almost helpless laughter. Ted said to the old 'drink' vicar "what would you say to a nice cup of tea?" To which the reply came "Feck off, cup!"

Zebedee
                    "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

I had forgotten just how funny father ted can be seen a box set on amazon so maybe I could drop a few hints to OH, after all mothers day not far away

Comment

Zebedee - that's just made me choke on my drink
                        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

LOL. I loved Father Ted too, but for me the punch line of all time has to be :

'Infamy, infamy. They've all got it infamy!'
                          Julius Caeser (Kenneth Wiliams) in Carry on Cleo.

I was about 12 at the time and thought the play on words wonderful.

Comment

Muckdiva
                            The Milky Milk sketches were performed by Punt and Dennis.
                            My choices would have to be absolutely anything by Monty Python, very early Billy Connolly (so long as I can include the incontinence sketch from "An Audience With") and I really enjoy QI.
                            Rat

British by birth
                            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Monty Python is classic, as is the Good Life, The Goodies, Red Dwarf, the Young Ones, Not the Nine O Clock News, Whose Line is it Anyway?, HIGNFY, the Fast Show, The League of Gentlemen, Up Pompeii, Carry Ons (Screaming (Frying Tonight), Khyber (Tiffin) and Cleo (Infamy) have to be faves), Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Ab Fab, Blackadder, Allo Allo, Butterflies, Vicar of Dibley, Goodness Gracious Me, Bottom, Fawlty Towers, Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, Men Behaving Badly, Mash, It Aint Half Hot Mum, Grunpy Old Men / Women, Kenny Everret, Last of the Summer Wine, 3 of a Kind, Some Mother Do Ave Em, and many more too!

As to commedians, got to be Billy Connolly, Jasper Carrot, Dave Allen, Phil Cool, Lee Evans, Bill Bailey, Eddie Izzard, Jo Brand, Josie Lawrence, Morecambe and Wise, Ronnie Barker, Victoria Wood, Julie Walters, Kelly Monteith, Paul Hogan, Dick Emery, Spike Milligan, Eric Sykes, Frankie Howerd, Julian Clarey, Jenny Eclair, Mike Harding, Mike Yarwood, Robin Williams, I could go on and on!
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Mrs. Dobby,
                                that's a very impressive list there.
                                Which was nice....tenth in...
                                We adored The Fast Show, and completely share all of the above, but you have missed out JETHRO mosly, then Katherine Tate, Little Britain....
                                I know! You could go on!....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X