No announcement yet.

Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed it and will watch the series. Carol is so enthusiastic, a real gardener.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
      Alys is so cute though but Toby didn't do it for me.
      She is really cute, yes. I hope we haven't seen the last of her. If she does get another show I hope it is a little bit more substantial than the embarrassing The Edible Garden.

Comment

I hope the rest as as good as the first program was, I really enjoyed watching it.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Missed this (as not back from Spain). How genuinely 'cotage' is the garden in question? Most TV Cottage Gardens that I have come across have far too much ornamental and not nearly enough edible. A REAL Cottage Garden would be mainly veg, with some companion planting, and a few flowers fitted in to odd spaces as an afterthought!
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            I hope the rest as as good as the first program was, I really enjoyed watching it.
            Oh I think it will be - Carol wrote about this weekly all (last) year in a.n.other weekly gardening newspaper it made for really good reading
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              Arghhhh!! Missed it
              I missed this too - I'll be catching up with it on iPlayer tomorrow, thanks for the link!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Just watched it - really enjoyed it. Wow, what an amazing garden she has - all that land! Her house wasn't on the small side either

Comment

I Sky+ed it & watched it last night & thoroughly enjoyed it. Why on earth has Carol not been given the Gardeners' World job, she is brilliant, funny, friendly, informative & seems like a genuinely nice down to earth person. O.H. hates anything to do with gardening but used to quite like watching Alan Titchmarsh on G.W. & watched Carol's show with me & said he actually enjoyed it & liked her , so she must be doing something right. Loved that kn*ckered old leather jacket she was wearing too!
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                    I Sky+ed it & watched it last night & thoroughly enjoyed it. Why on earth has Carol not been given the Gardeners' World job, she is brilliant, funny, friendly, informative & seems like a genuinely nice down to earth person. O.H. hates anything to do with gardening but used to quite like watching Alan Titchmarsh on G.W. & watched Carol's show with me & said he actually enjoyed it & liked her , so she must be doing something right. Loved that kn*ckered old leather jacket she was wearing too!

aka
                    Suzie

Comment

She's in this months GYO too, her popularity is on the up! Mind you, there are also lots of contributions from grapes on here, maybe we should continue with the idea of making a gardening programme ourselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        Mind you, there are also lots of contributions from grapes on here, maybe we should continue with the idea of making a gardening programme ourselves!
                        I thought that Carole Klein was great tho watching her on top of that ladder sorting out the clematis was a bit nerve-racking. I think that she's by far and away the best television gardener there is now and she looks so ordinary, had dirty hands and isn't at all patronising or twee.

As for a grapevine edition of the mag, I think that would be a great idea tho don't hold our breath for a reply from anybody at the mag, I was promised responses to offers about articles about potagers and gyo in France sometime in 2009 and I'm still waiting! It would be good manners to have responded, even if to say they weren't interested - and the people from GO were even worse!!
                        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tony and you're absolutely right, good manners cost nothing.

Comment

I spent a few hours last year with this lady during filming at the Tatton Show, she is nice

Comment

I finally got round to watching it this afternoon, whilst it was piddling down. Very good, what I call a 'proper' Gardening Program, no faf, no piffle, and plenty of getting your hands dirty and getting on with it!

Go Carol!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Lovely lovely Great episode - if you haven't watched it, look away now!

That is a real gardener, she is truly inspiring.

I loved the way she pulled the garlic (in modules) off the bench to reveal roots getting ripped out! And the way she told Neil 'take some more soil out, no put a bit back in'

AND I want that cloud pruner

Did you know she has had two hip replacements! What a woman
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X