Allotment Blogs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    Hooorah! Does that mean you're gonna post an update then?
    Will do soon.

Might be a lengthy post.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
      Folk who have blogs usually have links in their signatures
      Yep

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
      I subscribe to a lot of the blogs from this forum and elsewhere through Google reader. It's a convenient way to get updates in real time.
      I love google reader too (it automatically tells you if there's a new post on your chosen list of blogs, for those who don't know)

Comment

I think it would be nice to have some sort of a list of all the grapes blogs - all together in one place and not just on a thread. Is this something that could be done?

Then we could all just go to the list and read down it instead of just randomly stumbling on them in the forum discussions. It would make it easier to keep track of them

Keep on bloggin X
        http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Haha, glad someone else enjoys looking at their stats!

I've been doing mine since October - I enjoy using it as a record of what I was up to.

Google Reader sounds just what I've been after too, thanks. Will check that out.
          Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliebabe View Post
            I think it would be nice to have some sort of a list of all the grapes blogs - all together in one place and not just on a thread. Is this something that could be done?

Then we could all just go to the list and read down it instead of just randomly stumbling on them in the forum discussions. It would make it easier to keep track of them

Keep on bloggin X
            Was that you volunteering to collate it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliebabe View Post
              I think it would be nice to have some sort of a list of all the grapes blogs
              To view the ones on here, go to Blogs then click on Total Blogs (291 of em)
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yes i have a blog too, link in my signature (i think!). I use it more of a diary of my garden transformation from when we moved to our house nearly 4 years ago as well as a record of what i grow on my veg plot & how i get on with it all.

I love reading other Grapes' blogs too a subscribe to quite a few on Blogger.
                Jane,
                keen but (slightly less) clueless
                http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

wow, Jane.. 27 with a house like that and garden that size. Very nice! I'm jealous

Creating that blog list is quite a simple thing to do (i.e. create on that can have blogs submitted to, etc) just needs somewhere to host it really.

Comment

Not 27 any more unfortunately I started the blog 3-4 years ago.
                    Last edited by Newbie; 19-01-2011, 07:33 PM.
                    Jane,
                    keen but (slightly less) clueless
                    http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow, such a popular response. You've give me more blogs to look at than I can chew. Agree with Jellie, a blog links list would be a great idea, perhaps even an annual blog award or best blog poll in the magazine or something.

Thanks for everyone who has visited my blog at late via thegrapevine, looks like i've attracted several new followers in the process too, so thankyou once again.

I understand a lot of people on here have blogs, whether active or inactive, I have strived to document my plot from day one so apologies for there being nothing exciting on the growing front yet, however I have plenty in the ground and can't wait to update you on everything. Strawbs I am looking forward to the most.

Anyway, i'll keep following this thread.

Cheers all!
                      Regards, Craig Rockfield.

Visit my plot at Dykes Edge... www.dykesedge.blogspot.com

Comment

I have just set up a Facebook account for my plot so that I can put Pics and updates on there for my friends to see how Im doing (if they want to)
                        Does this count as a blog? And does anyone else use any other ways to log their progress?

Comment

I have a blog link is in my sig, vowed I would keep it more up to date this year as last year I went off the boil. Taking camera down plot tomorrow to take pics so will be updating then. The idea of a blog for me was to keep an online diary of what i have done and if anyone reads it and enjoys the pictures that is an added bonus.

Edit:Just been reading the idiot gardnener very good
                          Last edited by greengas; 20-01-2011, 02:08 AM.
                          http://greengas-ourallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Was just reading your blog greegas, all the best with the polytunnel, a big one too at 25ft! Anyone who has not seen this message previously, feel free to add your blog to keep this topic rolling. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks also to everyone who stopped by my lottie blog.
                            Regards, Craig Rockfield.

Visit my plot at Dykes Edge... www.dykesedge.blogspot.com

Comment

I regularly visit blogs from the Grapevine and enjoy /get ideas from the gardening and cooking blogs.

Here's the thing: my blogs are for writing (by me) - some verses and short stories. Is it acceptable to put a link on Vine posts? I seem to remember reading that only blogs or sites relating to gardening and produce are allowed.

Anyway, I'm still figuring out exactly how to do stuff on blogs, so mine are quite rough around the edges still.
                              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

That's no problem MTF - pop it in your signature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X