Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Grapes got any good fundraising ideas?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penny, I asked on Ravelry (knitting forum) for suggestions and got this one...

"Rather than just the “big clubs” try some of the smaller ones in the area - FC United, Bury FC, Bolton Wanderers FC(I’m a Bolton fan, and they actually have community projects going on, so know they’re sympathetic to the smaller projects). Also some of the other sporting clubs - Lancashire County Cricket Club, Salford, Wigan and St Helens Rugby League, Sale Rugby Union and so on.
    Not knowing where in the area they are, it’s a bit difficult for me to give specific advice for which may be best - if you can PM me the rough area, I can maybe send some suggestions to target?
    Also, it may be an idea to look into the “Big Society” stuff (I know - I’m swearing here - but there is a pot of money to be had, so better to a good cause). Also, Children In Need? They help projects throughout the year, so may be able to assist."

If you want me to give her more details, let me know
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Children in Need, as Shirl has suggested and what about asking for a lottery grant? We ran football clubs for years and used most of the ideas suggested above with great success. Good Luck Incy.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Can you get your local paper to run a story on this?
        Perhaps organise an event, bag packing, car washing or something and get them to run a story on how you need funding, the kids are trying to help themselves but need a hand sort of thing, you never know.....
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Thanks guys,
          I will have a chat with the coach and find out which grants they have already applied for and make sure they are aware of the others mentioned here.
          I don't think I'll be able to get the twitter idea to work. There appears to be a very large number of each of the well know players on there and working out which is the real one seems to be impossible

Comment

Try approaching the local police force. They will be able to tell you about the fund of money that is seized from proceeds of crime and is earmarked for going back to the local communities (sorry, can't remember its name) - I know about it through the local community council here. There is some (very contentious) discussion about the money going to the cash-strapped police in future to fund their core activities, but that is all in the future, and anyway helping keep kids off the street corners with sport ticks a lot of boxes for crime prevention initiatives...
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Thanks Snohare that does sound like a good idea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X