New Channel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
    Yep, just double checked,as soon as I scroll down the planner to it the series link option disappears
    Is it possible this could correct itself from Sunday? I don't have Series Link on my package though, so I could be wrong.

Free-to-air means anyone with FreeSat or similar, or even a Sky box that they have stopped subscribing to, can get it. At least, that was our experience, we stopped Sky a few years ago and the free-to-air channels (BBC, Ch4 etc.) were still available. We're now on basic Sky again but I'm always thinking about stopping again.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing some more gardening shows, I used to love the Big Dig, Digging for Victory and the rest.
    Last edited by maytreefrannie; 03-03-2011, 10:15 AM. Reason: Correction
    My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
      Nicos pointed out that it IS on freeview! So you won't have to pay.
      No, it's not on freeview, it's on freesat, not the same at all

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by skegblade View Post
        For anyone who doesn't take GYO magazine or has missed the small article about this, there's a new channel starting on sky.Called THE HORTICULRURAL CHANNEL, it begins on the 6th of March (SKY channel 166) and is dedicated to home growing and allotments.

Thanks for that Skegblade, sounds interesting
        We can series link it

paul.
        Help Wildlife.
        Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          No, it's not on freeview, it's on freesat, not the same at all
          I didn't know there was a difference.

Comment

Well I can series link it on the + 1 channel and when its on on Monday but not the 9am Sunday,how strange

Comment

That claire from youtube is on it? I had a few looks at her youtube channel before

Comment

Update. Just had an email,series link will be available on Sunday, still strange that its available now at other times
                And I hadnt realised its only on once a fortnight

Comment

When this newbie was first mentioned it boasted a mailing list which I joined but never heard from until yesterday... I've pasted yesterday's circular in entirety (repeats some info already discussed above). I found the website mentioned at the end worth a visit. They are looking for short films of life on allotments, which sounds interesting... GYO megastars! Who's gonna be first? bb x

The circular:
                  Thank you for joining our mailing list. The new television series will be launching this Sunday at 9am on Sky Channel 166/Freesat Channel 402 with new programmes being broadcast every fortnight. The team consists of Sean James Cameron, Kris Collins, Claire Burgess, Jonathan Wallace and Geoff Wakeling.

TV TIMES:
                  Sky 166 & Freesat 402:
                  Sunday 9am ¦ Repeated Monday 2pm, Wednesday 2pm and Friday 9pm

Sky 189 (+1):
                  Sunday 10am ¦ Repeated Monday 3pm, Wednesday 3pm and Friday 10pm

Sky EPG:
                  'Series Link' will be added by Sky on Sunday morning.

Throughout most of Europe, our programmes can be received via any satellite equipment pointing at the Astra/Eurobird complex at 28.2E. Information TV: Frequency 11.623 H, FEC 2/3, Symbol Rate 27500, Service ID 50880.

YouTube Channel YouTube - Kanal von horticulturalchannel

TV DATES
                  March 6, March 20, April 3, April 17, May 1, May 15, May 29, June 12, June 26, July 10, July 24, August 7, August 21, September 4, September 18, October 2, October 16, October 30, November 13, November 27.

COMPETITIONS
                  At the moment we have a number of competitions on the website and the television programme. These are:

1. Apple Redlove® – The world’s first delicious red-fleshed apple
                  - We have 10 trees to giveaway courtesy of Suttons Seeds!!!

2. Win a pair of tickets to The Edible Garden on Saturday 19 March
                  - We have 5 pairs to give away! Closing date 16 March

3. Bumper Launch Show Competition
                  - Win a shed and greenhouse with Walton Sheds. Closing date 20 March at noon

Visit the website The Horticultural Channel.tv | Gardening programmes for gardeners by gardeners or The Horticultural Channel.tv | Gardening programmes for gardeners by gardeners for full competition details.

Many thanks for your support,

Sean James Cameron
                  Producer/Director
                  The Horticultural Channel.tv | Gardening programmes for gardeners by gardeners
                  The Horticultural Channel.tv | Gardening programmes for gardeners by gardeners

The Horticultural Channel.tv | Facebook
                  YouTube - Kanal von horticulturalchannel

=================================

Comment

No mention of cable TV .i.e Virgin Media.............
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

So what did people think? The presenters were all very natural I thought (more difficult than it looks if you've ever tried it), GYO didn't get a mention (other series did), I thought it a bit Londoncentric to start with (sorry, I'm not going to march for cheaper rents in Greenwich) but then packed a lot of topics in a short space. P'raps too much other stuff (bees, hens, potato bread etc...)?? - but a nice change from Andrew Marr!

Comment

It was entertaining enough that I will continue to watch. I do worry that they're going to spread themselves a bit thin with trying to cover so many things in half an hour.
                        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Oh bu@@er I forgot!
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

edited to say the program's now on line. :-

http://thehorticulturalchannel.info/current-programme/
                            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 06-03-2011, 05:11 PM.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I liked it but I could do without that guy cooking in the kitchen. It's a gardening show, not a cooking show! Nice to see Kris from AG on there with his begonias. Shame it's not on weekly.

Comment

Rats!! I missed it too...but I've put it in my planner now, and thankfully it series links (on Sky), so that's a huge bonus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X