Current Programme
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

You're a star, thanks again Bren.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by jojo2910 View Post
          Can't wait starts 9am Sunday...
          Well for some reason I'd set the timer for 11am so I missed it, bugger
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just watched it online - thought it was pretty good for non-professionals (and I'm not being condescending). I'll be trying out the almond oil idea on the fungus gnats that won't leave my overwintering peppers and chillis alone!!
            I like that it has a bit of chicken-keeping in there, and I'm interested in the food side of things also. Will definitely be watching the next programme.
            come visit a garden
            or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by perkin View Post
              I'll be trying out the almond oil idea on the fungus gnats
              Really? I thought I patented that idea, cheeky beggars must be reading the Grapevine

Comment

Well its a bit rough and ready,i think they are going to make quite a few mistakes

Todays statement about chitting spuds "place in a frost free place shed or greenhouse out of direct sunlight"

That needs a bit of explaining as i rekon alot of people will chit them in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by perkin View Post
                  Just watched it online - thought it was pretty good for non-professionals (and I'm not being condescending)
                  Cool, will check it out

I am surprised there isn't a full blown channel for grow your own with the amount of food channels there is. Even old reruns of Gardeners World would be a nice filler as long as they went out in the right seasons and for us beginners it would be indispensable viewing. Even if the channel started at 7pm-midnight would suffice
                  www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chef_uk View Post
                    Even old reruns of Gardeners World would be a nice filler as long as they went out in the right seasons
                    Blighty is showing re-runs of GW (Monty Don era) I watched two yesterday afternoon!

francesbean
                    My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
                    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

I thought it was "ok". They seem genuine, which is nice but perhaps it's nerves in that I didn't think their speech was fluid enough. Can't moan though, I'd be the same!

I did feel that they left a few holes.. e.g. around the chickens.. that chap didn't mention those pellets were a complete feed, and therefore he didn't really need do mix his own feed - and as far as i'm aware potato peelings (raw) shouldn't be fed to chickens.

That claire seems natural as per the other videos on her youtube channel, which was nice as I thought she may have altered her style - when I was starting out looking at her videos was quite helpful, espeically as I didn't know how some things would look, etc.

Comment

I agree, I thought they were cramming in too much for 30 mins, but i understand why, all of us are looking for different things in a programme and they are hoping to have something for everyone, maybe it would be easier in an 60 minute format. The gentleman explaining no dig was interesting, but as the programme was too short, he did not explain how to do it (you had to go online to see the full interview, which is ok, but defeats the object of watching the programme on tv rather than watching the programme online).

I support the channel and hope that they get to increase their programming. We have all been moaning for ages that there is nothing for us, so i think that we should all support what there is and hope that those in control notcie and increase the programming choice.

Well done horticultural channel, i lookforward to the next episode.

Comment

I thought it was OK though I wondered what they were using to film it - they were all long-faced on my TV
                          I learned a couple of things and I liked the lady doing the onions. There should be A LOT MORE!!!
                          Last edited by Patchninja; 07-03-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Repeat showing 2.00pm today channel 166 on Sky

Comment

thanks AB, now to work out how to set the timer...

Comment

i dont know why they ever got rid of the gardening channel. i would have thought that this means there's a gap in the market. i was dissappointed that this was just a 30min show every 2weeks. i was under the impression that it was going to be a whole new gardening channel! anyway hopefully this is only the begginning and more will follow.
                                http://pot-to-plot.blogspot.com/ My brand spanking new plot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X