No announcement yet.

Laugh A Second: Mrs. Brown TV Sitcom

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now could those of you still bangin' on about my likening it to Father Ted please stop now? The slapstick humour of this sitcom is a mirror image of the slapstick humour of Ted, and if you don't see it after two or three episodes, I'm going to start feeling sorry for you.....
    Tonight's episode was equally as brilliant in terms of spontaneous 'laugh out loud'-ability for me as the first one.
    Hope you enjoyed it too 'Brownies'....!X

Comment

I've been meaning to have a look at this, but I didn't like Father Ted, sorry Wellie so I don't hold out much hope of liking it if it's similar in style.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
        Mikeywills, it's the only Welsh I know?! And Heddlu means Police, just in case you were wondering?!
        I know bach, that's why I said ma'm, as in senior police officer.

If you want any other quips let me know, I'm happy to help.

Forgot to watch last night, well actually thats not true I was fast asleep in bed at 8.30pm, but I just watched it now and laughed me @**e off. I think the bikini wax scene was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.
        Last edited by Mikey; 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
          Now could those of you still bangin' on about my likening it to Father Ted please stop now? The slapstick humour of this sitcom is a mirror image of the slapstick humour of Ted, and if you don't see it after two or three episodes, I'm going to start feeling sorry for you.....
          Tonight's episode was equally as brilliant in terms of spontaneous 'laugh out loud'-ability for me as the first one.
          Hope you enjoyed it too 'Brownies'....!X
          It's nothing like Father Ted. Father Ted was good. This is more like a cheap Irish version of "Bread" with a very heavy laughter track.
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Father ted is a red herring, and irrelevant tbh. Its simply funny.

Comment

Actually, I was going to pretend that I didn't SEE last night's episode because it was so 'ucking awful? but I'm an honest gal, with an honest agenda, and if something's cr@p, it's still cr@p, however much you want it not to be.
              I hope that the script-writers are going to redeem themselves in the next one???!!!
              X
              Last edited by wellie; 15-03-2011, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                the bikini wax scene was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.
                There's always laugh potential in a bikini wax, unless you're the one having it

I've not seen this series, we're currently enjoying The Big C (Nurse Jackie was brilliant too, but finished)
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

TS, I'm watching both at the moment, well not at this moment!!

I like them both, but they are worlds apart in humour, mrs brown's boys does have me laughing out load, whereas few other things seem to these days. The last episode I actually caught on telly, albeit at 11.30pm, not sure if that is its normal time here.

I'm warming to it, it is completely ludicrous, but very funny. You can't take everything in life too seriously, and this does take everyday topics and make them daft. Like the meeting of inlaws before a wedding, or a hen party in the same pub as a wake.

Life is generally more stupid, but probably not to the same frequency. I like that it is in front of a live audience, and they make mistakes and leave them in.

Comment

Particularly "Well Said" Mikey, because that sums it up rather well in my book.... It's the bizarre that reminds me of Ted, (aren't I a naughty girl keep bringing Ted up just to annoy the Ted Brigade?!) What about Mrs. Doyle and The Milkman, eh?

Mikeywills, ever thought about having a 'kini wax for Comic Relief?
                    No. Me neither.....
                    Last edited by wellie; 16-03-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Sounds from description simply 'no my thing', which also applies to Father Ted. My taste in comedy is decidedly old fashioned....
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Each to their own Hilary B, I find comedy is very subjective, but like most things I'll give them a stab before discounting them.

Kini wax, wellie are you aving a laugh. Comic relief or not I see no relief in that act, nasty chaffing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X