Spread a little happiness!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread a little happiness!

Inspired by MB in another thread, I thought that I should set up a thread where grapes can put down the little things that they'd done for others in the day in the hope that it would be both an inspiration - and a prompt - to show that it's not that hard to make life just a little bit nicer!

Today when I was buying a paper, I held the shop door open, and I complimented the shop assistant on her lovely nails.

Comment

I gave my dad a big hug - made me feel good anyway
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Thank you HATH, I'm thrilled that it resonated with you.

Today I helped my MiL have a shower and wash her hair. She has her right wrist in plaster after falling down a few weeks ago and just got out of hospital yesterday after the second operation.

BW (bless him)dug over a neighbour's garden and got the bramble roots out. (We had a lovely crop of blackberries last year, but a new tenant has moved in with a small child).

Random acts of kindness also resonate in the universe I hope.

Comment

I told my Area Manager that it had been rewarding and enjoyable working with him for the past 18 months, and that I would miss him when my store moves into a different area in April!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

What a lovely idea this is.

Today I told my daughters teacher I would order a growing pack for her class to help with a project and get some containers for them to grow some seeds. Its only costing me £2.99 and hopefully it will encourage a whole new generation of Grapes for the future.

Clare

Comment

When I used to work a 500hr week ( well , it felt like it!! ) I used to drive 45 mins each way to and fro work. I used to make sure that I let in drivers from side roads,,I would let someone in ..then my turn...then someone elses turn...then mine etc etc...)
              I'm sure I p!ssed off the people behind...but I think in the morning when we are all late for work , it's a nice thing to do.
              Not enough thinking about others around I think!

PS ...In my experience nice people tend to get 'used' so ..as NYPD Blue used to say..."Take care out there folks" ...or something like that!!!
              Last edited by Nicos; 15-03-2007, 06:29 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well, it wasn't today (although i'm sure i let someone through on a narrow bit of road today!) - but Monday i was working from home and a cyclist was hit by a car outside my house, and went through the back windscreen! Fortunately he was OK but as i'm in the middle of nowhere (well - nearly) i took him inside and called an ambulance, the police turned up, and his Mum (he was a student). I was glad i was at home otherwise he would have had to wait on the verge until his mum turned up and he had nasty cuts and bruises.
                There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
                Happy Gardening!

Comment

Great idea HATH

Today I was offered one half of an 8 yr olds friendship bracelet (one of those love heart things that splits in 2) and I managed to accept if in all sincerity and with great thankfulness (not easy to do)!
                  Last edited by johnty greentoes; 15-03-2007, 07:36 PM.
                  The law will hang the man or woman
                  Who steals the goose from off the common
                  But lets the greater thief go loose
                  Who steals the common from the goose
                  http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hazel,
                    If you hadn't of posted this thread up, I would have loved to, and given the replies so far, I'm not alone. It's rather lovely to know that 'face to face' acts of kindness or humour, go a long way to make a difference to people's everyday 'wellbeing'.
                    Conversly, it's distressing when 'it works against you' in that e-mailing, people can't see your twinkling eyes, the wry smile on your lips, and the humour in your heart....
                    Every day I give way to a 'Forest Driver' who feels they have more of a right to the road than I do, even if it's 'my right of way', and even if they never 'thank me', in true Katherine Tate style, "Face/Bovvered?"
                    We have a lovely independent garden centre in our local town, that you could 'swing a cat in, twice' (if you were incredibly careful) and I make a point of visiting every once in a while, even if I don't need anything, because it makes his day for a proper chat now and again, and I love seeing him smile as I toy with the 'open and close doorbell chimes'.... till it drives him nuts and he asks me to stop!!
                    Other than that, I make a specific 'point' of having a healthy conversation with every person that 'enters my day', for whatever reason, because where we live now and the people that 'make' our every day, are incredibly important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                      I told my Area Manager that it had been rewarding and enjoyable working with him for the past 18 months, and that I would miss him when my store moves into a different area in April!
                      Yeah right! (Just a minute while I throw up!!!!!!)

Ahh, but what did you say to your work colleagues when he'd gone???
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                        I gave my dad a big hug - made me feel good anyway

I bet he's lying awake at this very moment wondering what it is you're after

I spread light & joy where ever I am. Sometimes by my arrival & sometimes with my departure

I treated my boss and the rest of the team to a coffee they looked as though they needed it.
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          Yeah right! (Just a minute while I throw up!!!!!!)

Ahh, but what did you say to your work colleagues when he'd gone???
                          I didn't say that compliments had to be 100% true, just as long as they pass the sincerity test!

Comment

Hi
                            I saw my neighbours chickens had run out of water so got my rake out, to hoik the waterpot nearer the wire, involved being pecked and laying on the grass, but they were very grateful, so sweet to see them all crowding round for a good long drink!
                            and heard a lady on the bus who was late for work wondering when she would have the time to get some stamps to post mother's day cards so gave her two I had in my purse.
                            Sue

Comment

Well, my latest 'act of kindness' seems a bit lame after these! I went round to my Ma and sister's house (only about 200 yards) wiv me spade and dug over half their veg patch. It's only about 5 ft by 15 ft but Ma is 85 and dodgy on her pins and my sister is at work most of the day. Ma was almost pathetically grateful and kept wanting to buy me things for doing it. I kept saying 'but I like doing it. Heard of hobbies?' We went out later for some growbags for them. I'll provide spare tom seedlings, onion sets, beans and spuds etc. My sister has been spurred on and reckons to finish it this weekend! We'll work in their home made compost and then they're off. Another growing season!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X