No announcement yet.

Spread a little happiness!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's no 'lame' act Flummery, it was a wonderful thing to do and the best thing is, you enjoyed it too! What goes around comes around I believe, and when you get dodgy on your pins I hope someone will do to the same for you
    Last edited by madderbat; 16-03-2007, 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
      I bet he's lying awake at this very moment wondering what it is you're after

I spread light & joy where ever I am. Sometimes by my arrival & sometimes with my departure

I treated my boss and the rest of the team to a coffee they looked as though they needed it.
      Cheers Nick - I always give my dad a big hug when I see him. Always have. think they are the only hugs he gets except when he goes to visit my little sister (couple of times a year). I used to sit on his knee for a hug until I was pregnant with first son and he asked me to get off coz I was so fat!
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery
        Well, my latest 'act of kindness' seems a bit lame after these!.....
        Its not a competition though.

I gave the workman burning the small branches of a leyandii they had chopped down a couple of mugs of coffee. Of course there was an ulterior motive (lots of logs), but hey they were thirsty too!!!
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

The one I do most regularly is take something in with me for my colleagues afternoon tea especially when I'm working a weekend. Usually some cake or sweets. Sounds awful I know but even a nurse can only eat so much chocolate.

Like the sound of some of these especially when they are random and for no motive. They are often the best ones. Although sometimes you get a funny look from a complete stranger but you've got a little glow inside.
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I clambered onto a bed with a bloke I didn't know yesterday!!
            Well it was in a bed shop!!!
            Don't often see guys blush do you!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
              What goes around comes around I believe, and when you get dodgy on your pins I hope someone will do to the same for you

Hope so too Madderbat. I shall make sure my offspring are told!

Flum
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
                Like the sound of some of these especially when they are random and for no motive. They are often the best ones. Although sometimes you get a funny look from a complete stranger but you've got a little glow inside.
                They do say that if you smile at people they'll wonder what you're up to!

(Hope they never find out!)

Flum
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Sometimes it's the littlest things that can maek all the difference, just try smiling at people and saying thank you and it generally makes people feel better about their day. Re the comment above about being taken advantage of, I'd rather risk that happening than not bother trying to be nice, so to speak. It's the same as the other week, I gave a couple of quid to a homeless guy who looked seriously frozen and my mate had a go at me and said that he'd probably use it to buy drugs. I know that may be true but I also know that I'd have felt really guilty if I hadn't tried to help and at least my consience was clear - maybe this says more about my needs than other peoples..........

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

There's an old guy who lives reasonably close to me who is 89 years old! He still gets about well enough but I always get him his Saturday and Sunday papers! I have done for the past 15 years and can't get a lie in at the weekend cos he likes his papers early. Saturday he likes to pick out his horses to bet on and Sunday his missus, a mere babe in arms at 88 years old likes the Sunday Express crossword. I get his papers and come back and deliver them even if I am going somewhere else or I aint getting a paper for myself.
                    He is very grateful and comes to see me once a week to chat about gardening and pay his paper money!
                    I only hope that when I get to be his age (next year? can't remember, memories failing me!) some young whippersnapper will offer to get my Sunday paper for me?

Will I go to heaven when I die? PROBABLY NOT!

PS Just remembered, I also cut his lawn for him!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Sometimes it's the littlest things that can maek all the difference, just try smiling at people and saying thank you and it generally makes people feel better about their day. Re the comment above about being taken advantage of, I'd rather risk that happening than not bother trying to be nice, so to speak. It's the same as the other week, I gave a couple of quid to a homeless guy who looked seriously frozen and my mate had a go at me and said that he'd probably use it to buy drugs. I know that may be true but I also know that I'd have felt really guilty if I hadn't tried to help and at least my consience was clear - maybe this says more about my needs than other peoples..........
                      Alison, you really sound like a girl after my own heart, and I heartily agree about the little things. When I lived in London I used to walk to work and see the same old girl at her fence every day. First day I said 'Morning', next day I elaborated : 'Morning, nice day isn't it' and so on. Her reaction was wonderful and I used to wonder if I was the only person she'd speak to all day.

Trouble is, I was brought up in a small community where everyone recognised the humanity of each other, and tolerated the oddness/wierdness/beautiful difference of each other.

I too give moneyto beggars, and really don't mind what they spend it on. Sometimes I will offer a sandwich or a cup of tea instead, but if I can afford it, a quid is better spread around. What annoys me is when they ask for some money, and then complain that you've not given them enough - especially when it's all you had!!

Comment

I like all this "paying it forward" stuff.
                        I've discovered that if someone pees me off, getting cross just makes me feel worse, so now I go and do a good deed for someone else.
                        This week I have rung a doorbell to tell a bloke he'd left his car headlights on; and someone in Tesco had not made up the right total on their free milk coupons and they were struggling with the maths, so I put my milk on her bill and gave her the cash. She ended up £1.11 in "profit" (instead of it going in Tesco's pocket) and we saved a big hold-up ( so I helped out the whole queue?...cool)
                        I have been known to do nasty things too though, I'm not a complete soft touch. I have dropped haemorroid cream into the shopping baskets of people who have shoved me. Naughty huh?
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I like all this "paying it forward" stuff.
                          I've discovered that if someone pees me off, getting cross just makes me feel worse, so now I go and do a good deed for someone else.
                          This week I have rung a doorbell to tell a bloke he'd left his car headlights on; and someone in Tesco had not made up the right total on their free milk coupons and they were struggling with the maths, so I put my milk on her bill and gave her the cash. She ended up £1.11 in "profit" (instead of it going in Tesco's pocket) and we saved a big hold-up ( so I helped out the whole queue?...cool)
                          I have been known to do nasty things too though, I'm not a complete soft touch. I have dropped haemorroid cream into the shopping baskets of people who have shoved me. Naughty huh?
                          Absolutely brilliant.
                          The law will hang the man or woman
                          Who steals the goose from off the common
                          But lets the greater thief go loose
                          Who steals the common from the goose
                          http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey Two Sheds, love the idea; do you carry Senokots too, just in case???

Comment

I offered my sister one of the two bin bags full of plant pots I picked up today and in a minute I'm going to wrap up my daughters school photo for my mum and put it in her mothers day card and wrap one and send it to my dad.
                              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Oh, I've just remembered something evil I did with my sister. We lived in a houseshare with some horrid bee-atches who used to eat our food (or sometimes put chilli in our leftovers). One day we left some particularly tasty pasta sauce in the fridge, but first lovingly chopped up some earthworms and woodlice into it.
                                Yep, they ate it. We never told.
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X