No announcement yet.

Spread a little happiness!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tubers that Jan sent me arrived today (thanks again Jan!), and the postie was curious as to what was in the package, so I showed him. Turns out he is starting a veggie garden this year, so I gave him a couple of tubers to get him started. Hope they do well for him!

As an aside, it's nice to do things for people who might be unkind to you, as it might just make them feel more ashamed of their unwarranted bad behaviour! Course, it could also backfire. But if you do nice things only for the people who are nice to you, is that really being nice? Just a thought, completely take the point about not being a doormat though.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

A bit late here but thought I'd share it anyway...

Couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work as you do and noticed the traffic was a lot heavier than usual on a particular road. So much so that there was a tailback for almost a mile long.

Anyway, as I crawl along I notice that a car is stopped in the road, hazards on and people are driving round (when oncoming traffic permits). As I get closer I notice that there is only one person in the car - a woman. I pull up behind her and put my own hazard lights on. I manage to get her attention in the rear-view mirrow and signal to her would she like a push? She agrees and I get out only to realise that one of her friend is in the car behind me. So the two of us go to push her car off the road (she did say "I need to put it in gear don't I?"). I instructed her to steer the car up onto the ramp a little further ahead - she misjudged and I had to push the car up a kerb.

Anyway, she thanked me and I left her with her friend (they had phoned for assistance).

Made me feel quite good it did!
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I attempted another good deed in a naughty world yesterday at the supermarket. Being of the taller persuasion I noticed a little lady struggling to get a pack from the top shelf of a freezer unit. 'Do you need a hand?' I asked politely. She was very grateful until I handed her the pack and it wasn't what she thought it was! So, I tossed it back on the top shelf. God knows I tried!!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
          As an aside, it's nice to do things for people who might be unkind to you, as it might just make them feel more ashamed of their unwarranted bad behaviour!
          yeah, you're right. So I'm gonna go right out now and plant up my ex's front garden...with convolvus arvensis
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Oooh 2sheds, that's evil, that is!
            Still trying to eradicate it from my veg plot!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I spent a merry few minutes in a shop earlier today pulling faces at a baby in a buggy to stop him grizzling whilst his parents were looking on the rails. He seemed to find me very amusing for some reason!

Comment

How about a revenge thing? A long time ago, when working as a tyre fitter, there was a bloke who used to delight in niggling at me all day long, hiding my tools, making offensive comments, the usual sort of stuff. One delightful day, when we were all outside having a cuppa in the sunshine, along came his wife. She was a real good looker, and he proudly introduced her to us. With a puzzled expression on my face, I turned to him and said "Oh, THIS one's your wife!" Her face went thunderous and the look she gave him would have melted concrete. The following day, he came up to me, furious. He had spent most of the night desperately trying to explain that it was all a joke, and, basically, not happy with me. So sweetly, I looked at him and said if he couldn't take it, he shouldn't dish it out. It all stopped at that point, and peace reined. Yes, I did tell his wife and explained why. She wasn't over happy with me, but understood, and apparently gave him hell again for being a childish bully!!!

Zebedee
                "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  I spent a merry few minutes in a shop earlier today pulling faces at a baby in a buggy to stop him grizzling whilst his parents were looking on the rails. He seemed to find me very amusing for some reason!
                  Laughing or crying - hard to tell with some babies.
                  Last edited by johnty greentoes; 22-03-2007, 03:46 PM.
                  The law will hang the man or woman
                  Who steals the goose from off the common
                  But lets the greater thief go loose
                  Who steals the common from the goose
                  http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    Hazel you are so lucky. Whenever I try it, they 1) look confused, 2) look at their Mum and 3) start grizzling even louder! Don't know what kind of knack I've got, but it takes their mind off whatever they were complaining about

I won't say waht happens when BW tries it.....

Comment

http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/oa/*http://uk.../fu/scenes.pps
                      My act of kindness for the day - enjoy
                      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Well thank you Beefey!
                        I'd wondered what the front half of that bike had been used for!! ( would also come in handy on the lottie!! )
                        Some great pictures there-
                        I will certainly pass that onto my friends.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi

My act of kindness today was to make bacon butties for my work colleagues, which doesn't sound like much, but I'm vegan so it was a big thing for me. We talk about food every day in work (sad, I know) and they were all drooling over memories of bacon butties they used to have delivered to work on a Friday morning. So I cooked and wrapped them and then drove as fast as I could to work and they were still warm (and well received)! I had to leave the house in a hurry (see above) and am not relishing the thought of going home to a house smelling of bacon. Ah well!

Happy growing
                          SM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X