No announcement yet.

I gave up smoking!!! 5/03/2007 9pm!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be warned. Even if you didn't have a 'smoker's cough' when you smoked, you will get one at some time during the cleaning out process. It lasted a couple weeks for me and was quite unpleasant, but once it passed I felt totally clear of the habit.

Keep strong everyone giving up at the moment.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vincenzo View Post
      I am in my third weeks, getting easier to cope, temptation still there but it would be too stupid to start again after the pain I had to go trough during the initial days......yes!! I managed to kick the filthty habit
      Regards
      Don Vincenzo
      That's exactly how I feel. I would be mad to think of putting myself through that again

Comment

My name is Nick & I gave up last year as well ( it was the tight fisted git in No 11 Downing street that made my mind uo ) and I'm pleased to report no failures mind you I have thought about it a few times but then I think
        "Naaaahhhh Can't be arsed to get a pack" - So it's not will power you need just raging apathy

The firs couple of weeks are the worst but I'm back to normal now
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Well done everyone.

I gave up two years ago this week. So glad I did because although I've not noticed I'm any better off (suppose its all the seeds i've bought), I do feel far healthier because of it.

It's not everyones cup of tea but i gave up by reading 'The easy way to stop smoking' by some bloke whose name escapes me. I borrowed a copy from a friend because they said how fantastic it was, it worked for me but they started smoking again after two months.

So come on every one, you can do it!
          Bex

Comment

Hi my name is Brian and I gave up almost three years ago.Gordon helped me to give up to Nick and I can now say that I dont think about them at all .The first three months were the worst but once they passed it got easier.A good tip is if you can take a packed lunch etc with you in the morning then you dont have to go into a shop and buy your dinner AND a packet of 20.What I did was not to take any money with me at all then I wasn't tempted to go into a shop and buy sweets etc.It does get easier .Good luck to all
            There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
              It's not everyones cup of tea but i gave up by reading 'The easy way to stop smoking' by some bloke whose name escapes me
              'twas Allan Carr...and he died recently of lung cancer (passive smoker?)

Don't just think of your lungs and heart...you get bits chopped off you too. As I said, my Nan lost her toes.
              I lost half of my tongue to cancer at age 25 (as well as my left hand teeth and half of my left hand neck ... it makes me really sad that people look at what happened to me and still choose to put themselves at risk
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thats it, Allan Carr.

Sorry to hear that Two Sheds and I know what you mean, I've lost half my family to Cancer but I still carried on smoking, it took losing my partner for the penny to drop, and even then it didn't drop right away.
                Bex

Comment

As I have mentioned before Medderbat & I gave up the dreaded weed in October. and with Gorgon Broon adding another 11p to a pack to-day I am sure more will follow.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
                    Thats it, Allan Carr.

Sorry to hear that Two Sheds and I know what you mean, I've lost half my family to Cancer but I still carried on smoking, it took losing my partner for the penny to drop, and even then it didn't drop right away.
                    The trouble is we are all invincible and nothing will ever happen to us ..... until

I guess it's best to look positive Two shed at least we didn't loose all of you ! I smoked for about 20 years ( started when I was 1 ) but the stupid thing was I only smoked at night and at home
                    ntg

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                      As I have mentioned before Medderbat & I gave up the dreaded weed in October. and with Gorgon Broon adding another 11p to a pack to-day I am sure more will follow.
                      Hello BW
                      Gordon Brown can add another £ 20.00 or whatever he wants or likes to a pack of cigarette....it doesn't matter anymore to me but that extra penny on a litre of cider is quite infuriating, it is time to increase my own production of wine and cider and why not? barley wine as well. By the way it is 4 am, I went to bed around 9.30pm as I was having a little craving for a cigarette and here I am again, to dark for gardening, gym closed and as usual my wife has got headaches....she started to call them nightmares!!
                      Many thanks for your replies
                      My best regards
                      Don Vincenzo

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vincenzo View Post
                        Hello BW
                        Gordon Brown can add another £ 20.00 or whatever he wants or likes to a pack of cigarette....it doesn't matter anymore to me but that extra penny on a litre of cider is quite infuriating, it is time to increase my own production of wine and cider and why not? barley wine as well. By the way it is 4 am, I went to bed around 9.30pm as I was having a little craving for a cigarette and here I am again, to dark for gardening, gym closed and as usual my wife has got headaches....she started to call them nightmares!!
                        Many thanks for your replies
                        My best regards
                        Don Vincenzo
                        Hello DV as with most addictions giving up can cause one ore two "problems"
                        or "pains" but in the end I'm sure it's worth it .
                        You health WILL improve and the hole in your wallet will close.
                        Why not treat yourself & your wife to a day out or a nice meal it makes the "pains" worth while. stay with it Love & peace Bubblewrap(Andy)
                        Brian Clough

Comment

Hang on in DV, and don't do what I did- I've put on weight from nibbling ever since I stopped smoking. Am at the stage now where I can 'fight the flab' but it's hard work. It was the bombay mix wot did it!

BW went onto polo mints, but he had no teeth to start with!

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                            .......Why not treat yourself & your wife to a day out or a nice meal it makes the "pains" worth while......
                            or better still sod the wife spoil yourself I'm at work so Mrs G won't see this one
                            ntg

Comment

WELL DONE ******
                              Igave it up 4 years ago and believe me it was hard,
                              the bit that really bothers me now is at work
                              we have a small rest room and my other work colleges
                              will keep blowing smoke my way
                              the quicker a ban on smoking in the work place the better

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                                or better still sod the wife spoil yourself I'm at work so Mrs G won't see this one
                                Wot's it worth not to tell her?
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X