Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found new Growing mag. (And It's pants.!)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found new Growing mag. (And It's pants.!)

Not sure of the best thread to post this on, so I'm putting it here.
    Strange that I'm telling you about a new Growing mag available, but it's more of a warning not to bother wasting £2.75 as I did when in ASDA when I saw it.

Rubbish mag with a considerable amount of full page adverts, which I think look a bit too much like articles.

Just reaffirms what I've always suspected that Grow Your Own Mag is THE only Growers Mag...!
    Last edited by Lesley Jay; 18-03-2007, 12:19 PM.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
    Not sure of the best thread to post this on, so I'm putting it here.
    Strange that I'm telling you about a new Growing mag available, but it's more of a warning not to bother wasting £2.75 as I did when in ASDA when I saw it.

Rubbish mag with a considerable amount of full page adverts, which I think look a bit too much like articles.

Just reaffirms what I've always suspected that Grow Your Own Mag is THE only Growers Mag...!
    Grow sounds a bit too much like Grow Your Own....think I can forsee a law suit ensuing here!
    Last edited by Lesley Jay; 18-03-2007, 12:20 PM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

What do they call it Seasprout, so we all know to avoid making the same mistake
      Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

i bought that magazine today as well and i agree , each article was a promotion for a company and an 8 page list of types of fruit and veg and where you can get the seeds as if you need it.
        i'll stick to my usual two ( grow your own and kitchen garden) at least the articles are personal opion not company based.
        ---) CARL (----
        ILFRACOMBE
        NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

We cant name names here or their version of LJ will come round with their peastick.
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Well, we will all avoid that one then!

Comment

Thanks LJ; being a Yorkshireman I hate wasting money on rubbish
              Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Had a look at it in W.H.Smith's the other week & thought it was pretty poor. Not very thick, nothing original & even worse no free gifts which I would have thought was a definite for a new mag.No special offers or promotions either, don't think Grow Your Own has anything to worry about.
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Mebbe they should re-name it 'Blow it'?
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                    Had a look at it in W.H.Smith's the other week & thought it was pretty poor. Not very thick, nothing original & even worse no free gifts which I would have thought was a definite for a new mag.No special offers or promotions either, don't think Grow Your Own has anything to worry about.
                    I went into WHS today - saw that mag but not GYO (or the other gardening mag with messageboards that shall not be named). Even the BBC's gardening mags were put at the back - though G.It was prominent at the front.

I used to take part in a survey for a computer mag - what would draw you to a magazine- special offers, free gifts and promotions - or content?

Recently, there seems to be a lot of new magazines around - not just gardening, but tabloidy-mags with gossip on what so-n-so got up to.
                    Last edited by multiveg; 20-03-2007, 04:50 PM.
                    My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
                    Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

Gosh thats ages away
                      Bex

Comment

Still, one of the supermarkets (not Tesco) had GYO for sale today.
                        My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
                        Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

GYO is still the one for me! Bernie aka Dextrdog
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Whimper...

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
                            The next issue of Grow Your Own doesn't come out until the 5th April.
                            But that's so long away..............

I keep flicking through my old one's whilst waiting for the sodding cold weather to go away.!!!!!!

Incidentally Lesley Jay, the little allotment supplement with the March Issue, (we wont mention it came out with Move to The Country last Sept, I think) On page 12, the bare foot chap digging.....is there anyway of finding out his Initials as I'm 99% sure I knew him from a few years ago... He was/is SC.

Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X