No announcement yet.

Voting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've voted my votes, had several 'discussions' about AV, noted that Blunkett has admitted the 'No' campaign's costings were totally made up (which makes me exceedingly angry) and am now having a brew and cake

Comment

Just been and cast my votes. Timed it for just after the school run thinking it would be fairly quiet then. FAIRLY QUIET??? Six bods on the desks handing out papers, and I was the only voter there!!! Is nobody else voting?

Comment

Will go across after tea - I see it as my duty to vote, people died for my right and it would be very disrespectful not to respect that . Also as already said, this one is very important as it's not often we get a chance to change things although to be honest I'm apauled at how badly some of it has been explained and the rubbish which has been spoken against change - I mean, how can using first past the post for a running race be seen as the same as for voting, the latter involves our opinions and the first is a direct athletic event.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have voted and my vote now goes for pork pie & sausage rolls with piccalilli on the side. Thanks very much.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Bit of Black Dag wouldn't go amiss either.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              pushy a**eholes.
              I've had that - cream from the chemists sorts it out...

I'll be off in a minute to vote, its gonna be independants round here, especially the one who's in charge of the lotties!!!
              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

We've voted

We got 3 voting slips, I didn't realise there were THAT many elections for us here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
                  We've voted

We got 3 voting slips, I didn't realise there were THAT many elections for us here.
                  There are a bit like buses, not one for years then three come along all at once.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Two referendums for us here in Wales in just a matter of months. Great for me, as I do love to go and vote! Never missed one yet (and never will as long as I'm able to!) - still vividly remember going to the polling station for the first time as a teenager and feeling so grown up and important!

It'll be interesting to see what the outcome is.
                    Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

But doesn't FPTP mean the winner has had the majority?

I would have thought that fairest?

Over here is a bit different when it comes to voting. They're still useless just a lot of parties that have split and reformed and renamed etc

Comment

Just read that the turnout for the referendum in London (where they didn't have any local elections) was about 10% That's seriously depressing. And it's not looking good for the Yes vote either apparently

*sighs* Shoot me now please.

Comment

Well us discontented will have to find alternative ways of letting them know we ain't happy, Sarz...
                          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                            Well us discontented will have to find alternative ways of letting them know we ain't happy, Sarz...
                            "They" (The Government) want YOU to buy things to revive the economy.
                            Only buy what you cannot do with out .
                            Eg Only buy stuff with no V.A.T.
                            Stop smoking(if you smoke)stop drinking & generally stop buying "stuff".
                            Last edited by bubblewrap; 06-05-2011, 05:50 AM.
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

I voted. Always do. Even took the youngest reetlet (4) with me - get her into the habit now, although she was a bit disappointed that she wasn't actually allowed to make her mark on a voting slip

The eldest reetlet (19) didn't have time (apparently) which is fine, so long as she realises that she has now lost the right to complain about tuition fees etc, something I will remind her of, whenever necessary .

Reet
                              x

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                                Blunkett has admitted the 'No' campaign's costings were totally made up (which makes me exceedingly angry)
                                See, this is what wigs me off about politics. How are people meant to make a decision about who's right to lead the country, when they all lie about what they can achieve, and how much its going to cost or save us (insert 'I give up' smiley)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X