No announcement yet.

Met office wind alert. monday 23 may - I am scared....very scared

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very, very windy here since yesterday afternoon. I've had a headache from it today even though I was mostly indoors (is that to do with positive ions?)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

TS,you ioning when there is no sign of rain

Getting me coat ...................
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
        The met office have forecast 70 mph gusts tomorrow and my blowaways are already breaking up captain...
        Can't you remove the covers for the day?
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

my sweetcorn got bashed by the netting

going to stick some more seed in next to them tomorrow

Comment

The wind finally dropped around 7ish here just as we were sat having our tea I had a quick look and nothing looks damaged so I hope it was the same for the rest of you.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

There's an "Amber Alert" for tomorrow.
              The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Thanks for he advice Ff glutton and SBP.

Battened down and survived today's winds here's hoping for tomorrow. I have moved 22 chilli plants to my new stayput at the (here's hoping it's ok)

Loving my allotment!

Comment

We've got 40mph forecast here....

My blowaway has gone over twice, despite being wedged between 2 full bins and a wooden table.

I've now emptied it, all the plants are in my kitchen or polytunnel....

Comment

Most of my plants are in my kitchen too. The poor dog has squeezed herself between the dining table and the fridge and is looking very reproachful.
                    Haven't dared put up the blowaway this year.
                    Last edited by Sylvan; 22-05-2011, 10:40 PM.
                    The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Hmm. Possibly time to put a brick in that bucketful of well-rooted willow cuttings that are sitting in water on my lawn...
                      But hey, on the plus side, I have a bicycle, a bedspread and some string, and I live on a steep street - I could go paragliding !
                      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
                        ...here's hoping for tomorrow. I have moved 22 chilli plants to my new stayput at the (here's hoping it's ok)
                        Fingers crossed! If it gets really windy I'll be worried about our 'stayput' greenhouse - we nearly lost it a couple of years ago when some gales blew it along, and nearly off, its wall-base! Meant to secure it to the wall but never got around to it!
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Very windy here at the moment. Could feel the car being buffetted sideways as I drove back from school.

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
                            Hmm. Possibly time to put a brick in that bucketful of well-rooted willow cuttings that are sitting in water on my lawn...
                            But hey, on the plus side, I have a bicycle, a bedspread and some string, and I live on a steep street - I could go paragliding !
                            I have nothing else to do so can I come and watch?!
                            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                              I have nothing else to do so can I come and watch?!
                              Too late VVG he already launched .......

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Bu££er! What with missing the wedding owing to my choice of second hand hats and now missing the paragliding...I am seriously cheesed orf!
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X