No announcement yet.

Met office wind alert. monday 23 may - I am scared....very scared

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My broadies have been bashed around a fair bit even though I've got canes and string around the bed
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

been blowing a hoolie up here all day. Trees down across the city but mercifully very little damage done at home. A new multi-tier planter blown over is the worst and as I said that would happen with the least puff of wind, I feeel vindicated or should that read windicated.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
        We have sideways rain and sunshine .
        Thats quite normal for my neck of the woods. It's the old adage 'If it's raining vertically in Newcastle...........it's classed as a nice day!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Same as Frosty-it's WILD in here!I wouldn't be surprised if we loose electricity at some point.A wall of water on west facing windows.Keeping the fingers crossed for a greenhouse and all poor veg in the garden.This May is horrible

Comment

really very windy here today, even more than usual (but not as bad as Scotland) - I came home to lots of pots & containers on their sides, compost everywhere ... but not so bad as it might've been
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I moved my car in case a 50 foot leylandi fell on top of it. Leylandi has just been blown down..............car is safe!

Not so cool is I've just heard a poor woman was killed at Corbridge when a tree fell on her car.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Lost the electricity last night for a couple of hours but I suspect Coreopsis would have been without electricity for a lot longer. I don't think I'll be getting a crop of blueberries this year as there is no blossom left on any of the bushes but it could have been a lot worse. It is horrible to hear that people have died due to falling trees, we can be thankful (?) that we do not have the extremes of weather that the USA has just now - the tornado that struck Joplin - horrific

Comment

Tell ya what, trying to put up a been frame/munty frame in heavyt winds was.. erm a bit tricky. Snapped a drill bit after ramming it in a screw, screwing it in then the wind taking the drill out of my hand! Grr.

Comment

I'm suprised we haven't lost out power yet. It's gone really cold today the wind, yesterday it was warm, even at it's worst, but not today.
                    French beans are looking really worn out now.
                    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

More felt off the roof of the shed, and a few frames blown in on the stayput, but little to really worry about reading all the scenarios on here, so I'm not grumbling. Still blustery, but bright sunshine, hope it's died down completely tomorrow.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

The wind isn't bad at all in Norwich, then again I'm surrounded on all sides by other houses so buffeted nicely. Blowaway is still up, had a few strained looking plants that are out in the most exposed bit, but nothing bad.

Hope everyone (and everything!) is OK though, fingers crossed it ends soon

Comment

Oh dear, my poor gardening novice friend up the road has had her blowaway lifted clean up in the air and dismantled by the wind. It was full of seedlings and little plants. I hope she can salvage some of them.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Lost the electrity last night but just for half an hour so wasn't too bad.Greenhouse still standing.
                            Snadger,your car had a lucky escape.
                            I think Perthshire got badly battered this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              I moved my car in case a 50 foot leylandi fell on top of it. Leylandi has just been blown down..............car is safe!

Not so cool is I've just heard a poor woman was killed at Corbridge when a tree fell on her car.
                              It's worse than that Snadge. She was 18 and had just finished her A levels
                              The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X