No announcement yet.

Tetanus - are you up to date?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know about an overdose, but - i had a booster a few years back now and my thigh came up like a rock had foorball. The doctor said it was possible due th the fact I didn't need to have had it.

Don't let this put you off JT, even this was better than tetnus.
    Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
    -- Alfred E. Neumann
    http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

If you haven't had an injection since school, my doc said to have the 3 again - 3 months and six months apart. Then you can continue with the every 10 years thing.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Very important reminder.

Thank you
        Will book mine asap.

Comment

I wondered if I was up to date with mine this very afternoon, as a rather vicious Rose thorn stabbed me in the arm whilst weeding. I'll put in on my 'talk to my doctor about' list....

Comment

As a very slight aside, if you do cut, prick, stap yourself with anything whilst gardening be aware of infection other than tetanus. If the offending area goes very hot, swells and possibly goes red or sore looking DO go to your GP as quickly as you can.

An electrician I used to work with is now a fork lift driver. Well you cant be an electrician with one arm can you. Bill pricked his thumb on a rose bush he was pruning, as he was tetanused up, presumed he would be ok so thought nothing of the tiny pin prick. 72 hours later he went to his GP, complaining that his hand had started to hurt within 12 hours of the rose thorn pricking him, had gone red and hot and he felt ill.

That very day his arm was removed just below the elbow due to massive infection.

The surgeon told him that if he had been 24 hours quicker his arm would have been saved. DONT PRESUME that tetanus is a cure all, it is not. Please, look after yourselves.

Comment

Oh Piglet, that's horrendous; and it happened so quick.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Pigletwillie
                What infections was that??? and from a rose thorn, how very worrying that something so minor can be so devestating.
                Sue

Comment

Something that I dont fancy getting Sue!!!

I have no idea of its name but it was some form of septacaemia I think.

Comment

Rose thorn problems for humans usually caused by the waste of small rodents I read a few days ago - seriously, not a wind-up, not weill's disease but straight into the blood stream.
                    TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

After reading this post yesterday, and being horrified, you would've thought I'd remember to wear gloves today, non?
                      Non.
                      So I sliced open my right fingers on a pane of glass. Claret everywhere
                      Glad I'm a Virgo...there was a full first aid kit in me shed.
                      Oh, shed's looking lovely, can I show you?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        After reading this post yesterday, and being horrified, you would've thought I'd remember to wear gloves today, non?
                        Non.
                        So I sliced open my right fingers on a pane of glass. Claret everywhere
                        Glad I'm a Virgo...there was a full first aid kit in me shed.
                        Oh, shed's looking lovely, can I show you?
                        Great picture. Why blue? Hope the fingers heal quickly. That'll learn yer.
                        The law will hang the man or woman
                        Who steals the goose from off the common
                        But lets the greater thief go loose
                        Who steals the common from the goose
                        http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Blue shed? Cos that was the cheapest paint in the shop !
                          And because blue is supposed to recede visually - obviously this shade of blue hasn't heard of the theory, but I like it anyway. Perhaps I should be BlueSheds? 2BlueSheds?

Comment

I have a blue shed too ! Good colour choice. Dont be 2BlueSheds, it makes you sound sad, I'm sure you arn't.
                            Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
                            -- Alfred E. Neumann
                            http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              Blue shed? Cos that was the cheapest paint in the shop !
                              And because blue is supposed to recede visually - obviously this shade of blue hasn't heard of the theory, but I like it anyway. Perhaps I should be BlueSheds? 2BlueSheds?
                              Please stay Two_Sheds. Blue is a depressing word, but the colour is spot on. Where is the 2nd shed, at home?

Hopefully I'm getting a shed next week and will want to paint it something striking just to bring a bit of life to middle-aged-browning-off theme that most plots round about have. I am determined NEVER, NEVER, NEVER to let this happen to me. So blue might be goog - maybe with a wild abstract blobby thing going on.
                              Last edited by johnty greentoes; 05-04-2007, 09:50 PM.
                              The law will hang the man or woman
                              Who steals the goose from off the common
                              But lets the greater thief go loose
                              Who steals the common from the goose
                              http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

As long as it isn't pink with yellow spots. That would be just too much!!
                                Bright Blessings
                                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X