Conundrums

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conundrums

Why is it that when I cut a full tray module in half I can't get it into a half tray?

I'm sure there are alot of these out there
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Sods law, Jennie!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

why is it that my trolley-full of shopping doesn't fit back into the trolley when I go through the checkout?!!!
      smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

Try cutting across rather than longways Jennie
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
          Try cutting across rather than longways Jennie
          Ah ha! Hadn't thought of that one!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by vicki View Post
            why is it that my trolley-full of shopping doesn't fit back into the trolley when I go through the checkout?!!!
            I'm glad its not just me! I swear the trolley shrinks as it passes through the checkout!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Used to have a pair socks that had chocolate makes my clothes shrink on them.
              Last edited by bubblewrap; 01-04-2007, 03:18 PM.
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Not only do sock disappear in the wash but if I put in 6 pairs (all different) exactly 6 socks will go missing leaving me with no 2 that match.
                The law will hang the man or woman
                Who steals the goose from off the common
                But lets the greater thief go loose
                Who steals the common from the goose
                http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
                  Not only do sock disappear in the wash but if I put in 6 pairs (all different) exactly 6 socks will go missing leaving me with no 2 that match.
                  Yes I know I have a bin liner full of odd socks.
                  Good thing is I nearly always wear boots so no problem.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

But who wears matching socks when they're gardening anyway? For gardening I have brown shoes with black laces and holes in my very best gardening jumper which I should but really can't bring myself to throw away.
                    Last edited by TonyF; 01-04-2007, 04:40 PM.
                    TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

I started a new trend a few years ago when I gave up trying to find matching socks. If I get two that are of the same material and length I consider myself lucky!
                      What concerns me is where do al the pens go? And why is it that I put something down when I've been using it all day- nail file, pen, mobile phone, notebook, you name it - and suddenly it's gone. I'm convinced we have borrowers in this house. Actually, I think they follow me around. I seem to have had borrowers in every house I lived in....

Comment

I don't know about the "borrowers" Madderbat, but I do know about the socks that go AWOL. In every wash there are odd socks. I think - oh well - maybe a sock got left in the bottom of the wash bin, or maybe this one is one that was left over from the last wash. I keep all the odd socks from the wash in a little place of their own, and watch out for their partners turning up in the next wash. No luck. Just a pile of odd socks ! I believe there is a web site dedicated to the problem. Anybody got a link ?

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Maybe we should start a thread on recycling odd socks!!!!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

the way to find a missing sock is to throw out the one you have, the other always turns up shortly after

Comment

........ or look in the dogs bed - I find a few in there sometimes!
                              ~
                              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X