No announcement yet.

Conundrums

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most things that go missing end up in the dog's bed in this house. Its good to know the name of your sock monster. Although, if its the boy's socks, I just give the odd ones to their mum, chances are she'll have the other ones!
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

want to use up odd socks.
      Cut the foot out of sock. put your hand through and you have a nice neat cuff to keep your sleeves clean from the ribbed part of said sock.
      Mind you, as you won't have a matching pair you will have odd cuffs.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Why does toast land butter side down?
        What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
        There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
          Why does toast land butter side down?
          What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
          42 which by a strange coincedence is the number of my Lotty No sign of Mice or Whales yet

ps, thanks for all the fish
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
            want to use up odd socks.
            Cut the foot out of sock. put your hand through and you have a nice neat cuff to keep your sleeves clean from the ribbed part of said sock.
            Mind you, as you won't have a matching pair you will have odd cuffs.
            Alternativly you could give them to a one legged person for Birthdays & Christmas
            Last edited by nick the grief; 02-04-2007, 06:56 PM.
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

An easy way to banish odd socks forever is to bin all of your existing socks, or find uses for them other than as socks.

Now go onto ebay and buy several dozen socks of the same style and colour. No pairing required and as they are all the same, no odd ones. I have been doing this for a few years but now just "top up" with the odd dozen, the same of course as the existing ones.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                An easy way to banish odd socks forever is to bin all of your existing socks, or find uses for them other than as socks.

Now go onto ebay and buy several dozen socks of the same style and colour. No pairing required and as they are all the same, no odd ones. I have been doing this for a few years but now just "top up" with the odd dozen, the same of course as the existing ones.
                They didn't make you a moderator for no reason then PW.
                There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Think of all that gardening time accrued Beefy by not having to pair socks.

Comment

I do the same with all my working socks PW - great minds etc

Comment

Indeed Beefy, indeed.

Comment

My OH does the same, buys M&S Black socks every Spring and chucks the rest out. Saves me having to pair his and there are never any odd ones. Just mine, because I do like a little bit of colour in my life!
                        ~
                        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                          Alternativly you could give them to a one legged person for Birthdays & Christmas
                          And then tell them to hop it!

Zebedee
                          "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X