• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taff View Post
    sorry, I know it's a typo but my tea is on my screen now
    Just aiming to please

Comment

Oh, and it's 13" in diameter, not 18! ~6" deep. Photos were rubbish (bowels () were filthy).

Comment

They are advertising one of them in next weeks radio times for 80 quid plus £4 p & p. It sure looks good.
        Roger
        Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Whilst I can't actually help, you've given me the idea to make one - got some lovely smooth beach rocks that we've acquired over the years and a huge flat concrete bowl thing that I've never known what to do with. I assume if I add a solar pump, I can cobble something together?

Janeyo, I'm hardly here these days and think I might have missed the Big Day...belated huge congratulations and did I miss piccies?!
          I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

£80 ! Tad overpriced there I think.. how much are they in your place, Fi?

Comment

That's very similar to mine, but there is no jug and the bowls are slightly larger. You do have to keep moving the solar panel to catch the sunshine, but I've had the same pump all this time. It's a chore to keep cleaning it though. The birds love to bathe in it!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

My next door neighbour has one in the shape of a small pyramid with the water flowing from the top!

The birds seem to love it!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by samson smith
                  Solar powered water features help to make a bland flower garden with a lawn. Solar powered water features need no electrical power, merely sunlight. They are as the name fuelled by the sun's light making use of solar panels. It helps to save money and protect the environment by using solar powered water features. I have searched on your blog. It is very useful. Thanks
                  Maybe in Canada you get quite a bit of sun but in N/E England if the rain is coming down vertically its deemed to be a nice day!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have seen (in catalogues mostly) floating solar fountains, you place it in the pond and it produces a vertical 'plume' of water whenever there is enough sun. I suspect the plume height depends on the brightness of the sun.
                    Any water feature where the water doesn't get changed will develop algae. Choices are, change the water often, add anti-algae stuff (yuk), or put up with it!
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Bilbo, that looks fab! Do you have any plans I could pinch of sizes etc? Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X