Two weeks to go!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two weeks to go!!

As you know (I think), Snowdrop is a RAF copper - has currently served 31 years and he fits the bill totally smack in the middle for the forthcoming redundancies.

Soooo, we find out in two weeks whether he gets booted out or gets to complete his full term of 35 years, which finishes in December 2015.

He really wants to complete to end term, I can understand why (I guess) having come this far.

Scary for him

PS - anyone miss me?
    aka
    Suzie

Yes I missed you but only on here

Here's hoping SD gets whatever he wants in terms of redundancy or not. I think he's quite senior which might make a difference

What do you feel though, I know you'll support him whatever he wants. Do you mind either way?

ETA: Good to have you back with us x
    Last edited by scarey55; 16-08-2011, 04:05 PM.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I would like for him to go to full term as it's what he wants - but there is a big part of me thinking whooop no more moving, magnolia walls, march outs

I'll take whatever comes along - but I can understand how daunting it is for him to have to think about housing and jobs etc after having that all done for 'you' for the last thirty odd years.
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Course we've missed you. I've been through the whole end of forces career thing and it's tough. Best of luck to both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post

I'll take whatever comes along - but I can understand how daunting it is for him to have to think about housing and jobs etc after having that all done for 'you' for the last thirty odd years.
          Ooh, now that's something I hadn't thought about - hmmm, difficult but it will have to be thought about eventually I hope it all goes well and whatever happens is for the best.
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

One door closes, another etc etc
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Where've you been young lady? How very dare you go AWOL?
              Happy to see you back Piskie. I hope this turns out the way SD wants it to, you're obviously behind him whatever the decision is.
              Now, don't dare go missing again.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Geez it seems like a time of change for so many grapes! Hope it goes whichever way you both want it to Piskie.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Where ya been?
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Whatever way it goes, i wish you both the very best of luck, and a very happy future

paul.
                    Last edited by pauco; 16-08-2011, 05:57 PM.
                    Help Wildlife.
                    Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Must be daunting after all that time, but on the other hand, he is married to the most organised lady I know (with the exception of Zaz perhaps), so no need to worry about that side of things
                      I think whatever happens, you will both cope admirably. But, I bet you'll still move often - how on earth will you choose where to settle?! You from the bottom, him from the top, and relatives in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                        Where ya been?
                        On Twitter. ;-)

It'll all work out for the old fella - I can feel it in me water butts.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hope it all works out whichever way he wants. I was in the same boat when I left after only 23 years, but all appears to have worked out ok, sure he will be no different. It does take a bit of practice but thinking for oneself after a period of time of not doing so comes back in the end.
                          Bob Leponge
                          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

You're AWOL again Piskie, get back here this minute!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                              .....but thinking for oneself after a period of time of not doing so comes back in the end.
                              oooh I'm not sure I'll let him go that far

Well meaning friends are telling me to prepare for him going 'off the rails' - whatever the heck that means. I do wonder how he will adjust to civvi life after so long, but he is a grounded chap, I'm sure he will be fine.

It will just be different - dfferent isn't bad

His boss gave him his mid-term appraisal yesterday and said 'oh I notice you are in line for your next LSGC medal, I'll let you know when the presentation parade will be' ..... to which Snowdrop said ''Sir, I know it is after 1 Sep and if they have told me to walk then I will not exactly feel like standing in a medal parade only to be told 'well done Flt Sgt Warren now f**k off'' His boss said 'I see your piont' hehehe

Still here FF, what with my server issues and the Vine's server issues it's darn hard to sit here waiting and waiting and waiting for a page to load.
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X