No announcement yet.

Already?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Noddy Holder would yell in the song "It's CHRIIIIISTMAAAAAAAS!" nearly...
    Last edited by Nicos; 31-08-2011, 10:16 AM. Reason: * smacks G4's wrist! ;)...and the rest of ya!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

eugh. I can't stand xmas in december, let alone in AUGUST! Last year I trotted off to the middle east for 2 weeks (a week either side of xmas day) but this year there is no escape from the UK - so instead I am working a 4 day long shift over xmas instead Bank holiday pay, and I don't have to put up with it either. win!

/bah humbug.

To be fair, I just don't get excited about it, I come from a very small family (well, most of them hate each other and we are spread across 3 continents) so xmas is usually me, my mum and brother. We get tipsy, sometimes eat a roast dinner and there are no presents/cards/trees etc (skint) just some cash giving, and lots of booze. No kids, no santa, no stress. My rule is; as long as I can get tipsy with my mum at some point over that festive season, then I'm all good
      Last edited by chris; 31-08-2011, 08:55 AM. Reason: language! tut tut!

Comment

Thank goodness I wasn't the first one to mention it this year!!

Comment

Norty step the lot of you!!!!!
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Shan't!

*stomps foot.
            Last edited by Glutton4...; 30-08-2011, 06:58 PM.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Bah humbug to you FiFi!
              We loves Christmas!!
              Last edited by Nicos; 31-08-2011, 10:15 AM. Reason: *smacks PB's wrist!

Comment

[fingers in ears] I'm not listening!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i love christmas shopping early! but then again i have book next years summer hols to Cyprus!
                  God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

http://twitter.com/#!/louisebriggs2
                  http://facebook.com/louise.briggs2
                  http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/briggsy2011/

Comment

I love My C************S its my one true break in the year. Its starts the day before C************S eve and lasts till at least Jan 4th.

If you get a water leak I hope you can swim.

If your boiler fails I hope you have a paraffin heater.

If you get a gas escape I hope you have no matches.

I am on HOLIDAY God dam'it.

Colin
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

It's jingle bells, Santa smells, Rudolph ran away
                      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

With 2 young kids, I must say I love Christmas again, but the goodies should only start appearing after bonfire night in my opinion. That and not too sure about Christmas this year... it's gonna be a hot Christmas, one of the things I love about Christmas is the cold and the "is it gonna snow for this Christmas?" guessing games(not that it usually snows) , but it still was fun ... oh well
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I was only saying on Face Slap the other day that I'd made all my C*******s Cakes. They taste soooo much better for being made early. I've also made a start on my presents I only have a couple left to buy...one being "Secret Santa" . I bought all my cards, wrapping paper etc in the sales. I hate being on the last push and you can guarantee I'll forget someone or something .

Comment

As GN has already mentioned it, are we having a Secret Santa again? I don't really do Christmas but I do enjoy my Secret Santa pressie and I never open the pressie early

Comment

Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
                              As GN has already mentioned it, are we having a Secret Santa again? I don't really do Christmas but I do enjoy my Secret Santa pressie and I never open the pressie early
                              I hope so!

We just need someone to 'host' it...any volunteers?????

( by 'hosting it' I mean 'acts as Santa's little helper making sure he gets all his messages )
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I love C******s Bit of a mission with having to cycle between three sets of parents, but as we've our own family now we'll be spending it at home and building up a tradition of our own in the next year. I don't mind when the kids are so young, but this year I think my eldest daughter will start to get the hang of things and not try and eat the C******s tree... so from next year, the parents can all come to us if they want to see us!
                                Last edited by Nicos; 31-08-2011, 10:14 AM. Reason: Don't YOU start with the 'C' word * tuts..!!!! :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X