Can't Believe it.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Believe it.....

.....I'm going on holiday. Me. And him, of course.

Four nights in Cornwall, with a day trip to Tresco (Scilly Isles) for Abbey Gardens, then Heligan and then Eden.

Got to be four years since we had a holiday. About 9 years since we had a child-free holiday.

Can't believe it....we're actually going away. On Saturday...whooooop whooop!!

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Have a great time away
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 28-09-2011, 10:05 AM.
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

About the same here Jules, except we haven't had a child-free holiday since this time 17 years ago when I was pregnant with #1 son Can totally understand your excitement

Have a great time x

Comment

Abbey Gardens!? Tresco!? WOW! By Chopper?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

May see you down there

me and SWMBO leaving for Hearmoor, just outside Penzance on saturday for a week, ....hoping the weather holds

Comment

How fabulous - I took my late mother for a trip to the Eden project and Heligan in October a few years ago. Loved it!
            And you deserve it Julesapple
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

You'll have a great time.
              You must go up the lookout in the Rainforest Biome.
              90 steps 50metres above the ground. It does get hot and humid but worth it.

Comment

Excellent pasties at Eden project eatery,and good home made soup at Heligan,enjoy your break.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  Abbey Gardens!? Tresco!? WOW! By Chopper?
                  No, by ferry. The BH booked the break, but decided not to surprise me at the very last moment because we need to plan, and laundry etc. But I have booked the trip to Tresco completely unknown to him - he loves boats, even ferry trips.

Originally posted by The Large One View Post
                  May see you down there

me and SWMBO leaving for Hearmoor, just outside Penzance on saturday for a week, ....hoping the weather holds
                  We'll be at Praa Sands near Penzance. If you see a short brunette grinning like a loon, it'll be me!!

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                  How fabulous - I took my late mother for a trip to the Eden project and Heligan in October a few years ago. Loved it!
                  And you deserve it Julesapple
                  Thank you Jeanie!

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                  You'll have a great time.
                  You must go up the lookout in the Rainforest Biome.
                  90 steps 50metres above the ground. It does get hot and humid but worth it.
                  Oo er is it very high? Not good at heights. I'll have a look when we get there on Tuesday.

Originally posted by scarletrunner View Post
                  Excellent pasties at Eden project eatery,and good home made soup at Heligan,enjoy your break.
                  Sounds wonderful. The BH is a pasty man and I'll go for soup. I could just go for soup right now.....mmmmm.

The BH went round and collected up all our old knackered and hated jewellery, sent it to one of these brokers and we got £560 for 27gms of gold and 65gms silver. All stuff we don't want, we've cleared it out and we're having a holiday. Bargain, and not just money wise, it'll do ourselves a lot of good too.

I feel like a kid at Christmas......and the weather looks like it's going to be beautiful. Oh wow...can't wait. I'm even contemplating buying a swimsuit.........

Jules
                  Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I feel excited for you Jules! Have a wonderful time and don't forget the sun cream
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

they got new bakery at Eden, wonderful bread as long as you're not gluten free.
                      Thats in between biomes.
                      Lovely big scones with lots of jam and cream

When you go near Praa sands theres a classic car garage, can you pick one up for me please . Any old one will do, ta

South West Classic Cars | Vehicle List
                      Last edited by cardiffsteve; 28-09-2011, 03:06 PM. Reason: insert link

Comment

Sounds lovely and hope you have a great time, Jules
                        (its 24 years since I had a child-free holiday!! Not that I'm counting of course!! )

Comment

I am very envious! You'll have a fab time.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Have a fantastic time gal- you deserve it!!!!!

Also- pack yr brolly and raincoat- and thermals- or you may jinx the weather!!!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Sounds like my ideal sort of break. You'll Eden. Went the year after it opened, it must have grown a lot since then. Hope you enjoy yourselves and what a bonus , all that cash for stuff you don't want!
                              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X