No announcement yet.

Can't Believe it.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went to Heligan when it first opened, so it'll be lovely to see the progress. I've splashed out a fiver on a swimsuit - hopefully Tresco waters will be warm enough, if only for a paddle.

Will we see any of Eden, do you think, in between meals? The food sounds lovely. I'm sort of feeling guilty about leaving the kids, and sort of not. Sort of feeling guilty because I'm not swallowed up by guilt. At their ages they'll enjoy being parent-free (oldies being such a responsibility) for a few nights and I know there won't be FaceBook-style outrageous parties. As long as they don't phone me every time the slightest thing goes wrong or they have a bicker.

Only three more sleeps!

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
      they got new bakery at Eden, wonderful bread as long as you're not gluten free.
      Thats in between biomes.
      Lovely big scones with lots of jam and cream

When you go near Praa sands theres a classic car garage, can you pick one up for me please . Any old one will do, ta

South West Classic Cars | Vehicle List
      South West Classic Cars | Vehicle Description

This one? Only £17k. I love it!

Jules
      Jules

Comment

That would be lovely
        Nice car

Comment

Is that your BoP in your avatar, CS?

Jules
          Jules

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
            We'll be at Praa Sands near Penzance.
            Praa is nice,walking along golden sand with a soft Cornish ice cream on a warm sunny day,there are few things better.
            If you like proper pasties pop along to Hayle & find the bakery on the East Quay
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
              Praa is nice,walking along golden sand with a soft Cornish ice cream on a warm sunny day,there are few things better.
              If you like proper pasties pop along to Hayle & find the bakery on the East Quay
              I can see the BH doing a Pasty Tour of Cornwall at this rate. We shall have to bring some home for the freezer! It's 26c in my garden today, hope it stays like this.

Ironically, my parents, brother & his wife have just gone to Sharm el Sheikh to get some sun!

Two more sleeps!

Jules
              Jules

Comment

Is that your BoP in your avatar, CS?

Jules
                I wish it was Jules. I went on a photo experience day at BoP centre, took over a 1000 photos.

It looks like you will be forgetting the garden tour and do a food tour instead.
                Theres a Rick Steins fish and chip shop in Falmouth! Absolutely delicious

Comment

Ahh if they are off for the full food tour a zig & a zag will get them to Rick Stein's in Paignton,even has a handy B&B option

Who needs a well known tyre manufacturer guide

Comment

Jules, when you go to the Eden Project, do not wear anything too thick - no matter what the weather is outside (I hope it will remain lovely for you) - The Tropical Dome IS exactly that. Cotton and natural fibres are the order of the day - if you wear jeans YOU WILL MELT!!!!!
                    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

With all these great suggestions I'm glad we're self-catering I was going to take a fair bit of fare with me....but maybe not!

Jules
                      Jules

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                        Ahh if they are off for the full food tour a zig & a zag will get them to Rick Stein's in Paignton,even has a handy B&B option

Who needs a well known tyre manufacturer guide

Er...do you mean Padstein? Paignton is Devon.

Jules
                        Jules

Comment

Personally, I'm jealous as h*ll! Lovely part of the world, and Tresco too!!!! I much preferred Heligan to Eden, but that's just me. Pleeeeeeeeeease take loads of piccies - I'm really nosey!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Er...do you mean Padstein? Paignton is Devon.

Jules
                            Er ,, nope & yep I did say zig & zag, Paignton is nicely on the road between your place & the Eden project

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              Personally, I'm jealous as h*ll! Lovely part of the world, and Tresco too!!!! I much preferred Heligan to Eden, but that's just me. Pleeeeeeeeeease take loads of piccies - I'm really nosey!
                              We will do. The DD, whose photos I put on here regularly, has given BH and I a camera for Christmas (early because of the hol) so we should get some good pics if we can mastery it's intricacy and myriad knobs and buttons. I may even be able to put some up whilst we're there as I'll have the laptop and there's a BB connection at the cottage.

I'm with you on Heligan vs Eden, even though I haven't been to Eden yet. I'm a little wary of the hot, sweaty tropicality of the biomes and a little biased towards Heligan because the BH and I had such a lovely day there the first time round.

I just cannot wait, and I hope everything is as perfect as can be. I won't want to come home, children or not. I feel very lucky to be going for the five days (even there and back again is part of the adventure) but I know it won't be long enough to see everything we'd like to see. It is, however, more than long enough to make enough memories to tide me over until next time, whenever that might be.

Going to start packing now. Actually packing. To go away. With a suitcase and clothes and everything. Sun tan cream, and walking boots, posh togs.......

Jules
                              Jules

Comment

If you like ice-cream, find your way onto the Lizard Peninsular, down past Helston, to Coverack, where there is an ice-cream shop that sells the most fantastical range of local-made ice-creams (cones for eating).
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X