Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oi what you doing?

in my flowerbed

Spotted today while weeding rose beds . He stayed for about 10 mins while I turned over the bed and hopped in for the bugs .

Everyone say "Ahhh"
    Keep quiet you dont know who will turn up.
    Last edited by beefy; 04-04-2007, 08:55 PM.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Good Robin pic Beefy. Yes, they are like that. Robin follows me about to see what I will turn up for him. Sometimes I don't do it fast enough for him and he is right there on the fork, or down the hole I'm trying to work in. Just about have to kick him out of the way to get on with the job.
    Last year I had 3 Robin chicks all standing just outside my door with their beaks wide open waiting for a parent to stuff something in. Must try and get a pic this year.
    Today I found a Blackie egg shell, clean, so chicks hatched. The year is always further on than you think.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Robins, blackbirds, jackdaws, buzzards, any birds like that I luv em! Pigeons, though! Don't get me started on *^##! pigeons!!!

Zebedee
      "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

any one seen a 'swallow' yet?
        Last edited by Headfry; 05-04-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I'm jealous Beefy, we don't have a tame robin (yet). I dare not encourage birds near the house, what with two cats, and the lottie seems devoid of birds - although I did see a flock of goldfinch last year (is it a charm?) before BW dug all the thistles up!

Comment

He's gorgeous beefy. We have a couple at the lottie who regularly appear and one at home that hung around waiting for Mr EB to reseed the lawn. Saw a bullfinch at the lottie yesterday and I'm still trying to identify the bird I saw on the telephone wire outside the house yesterday am as I think it may have been a young one. The markings weren't textbook and weren't definite.

There is a pair of wrens up by the swimming pool who are fun to watch.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

My aunt had a tame robin who used to fly in the front door and round a corner into the kitchen. Not even my parrot is that clever
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have a pair of robins in the garden. They followed me around the garden today getting in to where I had freshly dug. Also saw my first Peacock butterfly today and several ladybirds.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X