Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done!
    We have up to 4 flying over our plot.
    Wish they ate more Easter bunnies though!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That's great news mandyballantyne. Hope he recovers fully from whatever the problem was. Look forward to seeing your pics.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Fantastic! Well done you! May he/she go from strength to strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Well done!
          We have up to 4 flying over our plot.
          Wish they ate more Easter bunnies though!!

Hah! we have some buzzards near us. They 'mew' and circle overhead. They're keen on bunny 'roadkill' from the railway nearby apparently!
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Reminds me of when I lived in Brighton...the baby seagulls were always landing, and stopping, on the main road, and we brought one particularly stupid one in to the conservatory for a night...it went bananas once it had got it's wits back, carped everywhere. We let it go, and it bombed straight back onto...the main road.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sounds like he's in good hands, and you've done all that is possible.

Good luck, I hope it has a happy ending.

Comment

Hi All,

Sorry for not updating you sooner about the buzzard. I am glad to say he survived. He was picked up late on Saturday and taken to a local sanctury to have his wing mended.

He will be set free again soon I am glad to say. We have two pairs who live around here so look forward to seeing him flying about again soon.

I have attached a picture of him enjoying some lamb for breakfast. Mandy
                Attached Files

Comment

He is beautiful! Well done you! and thank you
                  Will they free him near to where he was found?

Comment

Brilliant news! He's gorgeous isn't he?! You must feel dead chuffed!

Comment

Fab picture. Well done. I bet you feel (I was going to say 'touched' but I don't mean that!) magical having been so close to him. Looks like he well understood you were helping. What a lovely experience.

Comment

Brilliant, well done! And the bird is a stunner.
                        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Thanks everyone,

Yes it was an honour being so close to him, although I tried to stay my distance so as not to stress him. Strangly he was very calm allowing me to put the food at his feet, almost as if he understood??

I will be keeping in touch with the rescue centre and hope they will allow me to be there when he goes free.

Mandy

Comment

What a fantastic thing to have done. He is just so lovely. Will show OH the photo, he comes from Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire, so named, because a buzzard thought through the church - may be a story but a nice one.
                            Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
                            -- Alfred E. Neumann
                            http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Well done Mandy. A great success. Best wishes to you and the baby buzzard. I hope you will be there when they set him free from the sanctuary. Is that the one at Palacerigg ?
                              And thanks for the super pic.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Well done for being brave and persistent enough to help the bird. super photo too. Hope it makes a good and quick recovery.

I remember years ago sitting in work and hearing a thud against the window. I went outside and found a rather stunned Kingfisher lying on the ground. I held it in my hands for about 20 minutes until it came round (much to the disgust of my line manager as I couldn't answer the phone and she had to) then stood outside for another 10 mins waiting for it to feel up to flying off. Somewhere I have a picture of my hand with the bird on it - deffo a wonderful memory to have.
                                Happy Gardening,
                                Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X