I've just rescued a buzzard, I hope!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Shirl,

Would love to see the pic, well done to you too it is a great feeling to help out.

Alice, I did try to contact Chris at Palacerigg (I did work there for years) Also the bird of prey centre out here, would put me back to the SSPCA, he has gone to a centre in Inverkeithing so I will get in touch with them.

I will load up the picture of him in the canal, he really was a sorry site and I did not expect to find him alive the next morning. The differnce some food and a quite place to rest made was unreal.

Mandy

Comment

MB
      I kept an eye on this thread just to see what happened, beautiful picture, am so glad it was you that found him/her.
      Once when I was a teenager and my parents were away, my sisters and I had stayed up till 2am watching a series of horror films, we then went out to walk the dog and we heard a noise and scuttling and something brushed against me.... as the horror films had hyped us up we went mad with fright, getting some sense back we went back to the house for a torch and found it was a raven with a broken wing, captured him her and next day took it to the local sanctuary for tlc.
      Sue

Comment

Fab pic mandyballantyne. Well done.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Well done Mandy- give yourself a pat on the back!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

A good ending - well done Mandy.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Lovely story Mandy, glad it all worked out O.K. & hope the buzzard makes a full recovery. Never tried to rescue anything so big myself but we did try to save a blackbird we found sitting by the road when on holiday in Scotland once.We put it in a box in the kitchen where we were staying & it seemed to perk up the next day but took a turn for the worse the next & eventually died, I suppose it could have had some internal injuries from a glancing blow off a car or something. We buried him in the garden of the cottage we stayed in - hope they didn't dig him up & get a surprise! Great photo by the way.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I only did what each and everyone of you would have done. Your kind words helped me through a few worring days!

I hope to visit him so will let you know how he is.

Mandy

Comment

Excellent news Mandy, I hope he'll make a full recovery and you'll see him soaring around in no time. Just a thought, maybe the SSPCA could let you know when he's fully recovered and can be released, it would be so good to see him flying off again!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Well done - fantastic result and a great feeling to have been a link in the chain of saving him.. Cool
                    The law will hang the man or woman
                    Who steals the goose from off the common
                    But lets the greater thief go loose
                    Who steals the common from the goose
                    http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well done mandy! What a super result! Do let us know if you see him/her!
                      Bernie aka Dexterdog
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi All,

The buzzard is doing well, wing is now ok just waiting on his tail feathers coming back.

He is going to a falconer next month who will start to fly him and get his strength up.

I have been told that I can collect him and release him myself, yipee, so excited. I can't went to tell Johnny, he misses him as much as me.

He is one of two pairs that fly above here every day and seeing 3 birds is just not the same.

Can't wait to see him fly again, Mandy

Comment

Fantastic news Mandy. Well done!
                          Jules AKA Inca'smum

Comment

Brings a tear to the eye......a very happy tear!
                            enjoy your moment
                            Photos, photos, photos......please Mandy

Comment

Thanks Jules, Headfry,

I will take pics when we set him free we only took 2 pics of him before he went to the SSPCA.

1 before we pulled him from the canal, looking very poorly and the second pic in our shed after he had a peaceful night and lots of food. That ones further doen the page.

So excited that we can see him fly again, Mandy

Comment

That's great news Mandy. That buzzard has had better care and treatment than we could get on the NHS !

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X