Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real Seed Catalogue - Thumbs Up or Down?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Seeds are fab.

Comment

I agree that they're totally fab - they don't sell everything I'd want but pretty much all my chillies and peppers have come from there plus a load of other things. Save the seeds and have given loads to other people. Also if you have a query you get great customer service and really helpful advice by return.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Oops, just put in another order and worked out why I had never noticed the £8 minimum order either
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Ha ha VVG, you sound just like me.

I ordered a couple of seeds from Real Seeds earlier this month, not used them before but I was impressed by their approach to things and like the fact that they tell you how to save seed, and seem to have so many unusual varieties (well unusual to me anyway). Not sown anything yet from them though.

They have these funky tri-coloured radishes, when I saw them I just had to try them

Comment

Helgalush, have also ordered the winter radish, amongst many others. That's it now, I'm stopping...until seed swap day at Ryton's potato day. Just the one more and then that REALLY IS IT!

Their leeks, celeriac and toms are through already. I'm impressed and as you say I too shall be able to save seed.
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I would definately recommend Real Seeds, i've used them for 4 years now. Big thumbs up from me.

The only issue I have is the minimum order too. I placed a big order for this year but forgot a coulple of things and placed another order and would you believe I STILL forgot to add celeriac to the list. There is always next year
              My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just like to say thankyou, two of us have already spent £120 on seeds etc this year and then you lovely people flag up this site. My credit card is having a dickie fit.

Colin
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Real Seeds - First Class

Very helpful and genuinely interested in their clients. A couple of years ago I was cheeky enough to ask their advice about a variety of bean I had been given at a seed swap - they couldn't have been more helpful in their advice and response and even asked me to let them know how I got along with the crop. What lovely people all round

a-a

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
                    I would definately recommend Real Seeds, i've used them for 4 years now. Big thumbs up from me.

The only issue I have is the minimum order too. I placed a big order for this year but forgot a coulple of things and placed another order and would you believe I STILL forgot to add celeriac to the list. There is always next year
                    We have celeriac on the VSP - over 10 bags of it...

Comment

Yeah Zaz, my timing is great as always
                      My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Blimey what a great response. I wonder whether they know how much you all think of them. By the sounds of it deffo down to customer service (which is sadly lacking in many areas with other suppliers).
                        I have to confess that I didn't notice the min order value, my purse being somewhat lighter may explain that !!
                        I can't wait to get my grubby paws on my little beauties now, or to see what success rate I have with them !

Comment

Perhaps someone should give Real Seeds some customer feedback and also let them know that the Minimum spend requirement maybe losing them customers.

Comment

I asked them about this. They told me the reason was that they lost money on lesser order values (postage/seeds), so to make it worth while they added the minimum order value. I probably have the exact wording from Ben at work.

I forgot to mention, I like them because they're not that far from me really, so what grows well for them should hopefully grow well for me

Comment

Why don't they consider a higher postal rate for a small order then? Its what other companies do. Its a shame if customers would like to buy from them but the £8 minimum is putting them off ordering anything.
                              Currently, the minimum order is £8 + p&p £1 89. If orders of below £8 entailed a slightly higher handling charge, say £2.50, I suspect that many customers would increase their seed order to take advantage of the cheaper postal rate. I've done this myself with other companies - where the P&P is free over a certain threshold - you do the sums and work out the cheapest option. If it means more seeds for less postage the choice is clear.
                              I like their ethics and would like them to prosper.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                                It's just such a shame that they have the £8 minimum order policy
                                Hi Grapes!

Because of the really nice comments that everyone has made about Real Seed Catalogue I send my contact there a link to the Forum.

As you know a commercial company cannot post on the forum, but here is an extract from Ben at Real Seeds email to me:

"Thanks so much for telling us - it's nice to feel appreciated, and that has improved our evening after a long day packing seed orders!

We can't post on the forum, but can you maybe tell people that in fact the minimum online order this year has actually been lowered to £5.99 which then comes to less than £8 _including postage_."

a-a

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X