Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
    Hi OWG
    Sorry to hear your concerns re your new neighbours. If they get planning for a paddock then surely your latest "plot" addition would be OK?
    Do let us know how you get on.
    Thinking about you.
    Bernie aka Dexterdog
    PS Dexter says he can always come down and with Max will tell the neighbours what the score is!
    Dexter (and you) are welcome to visit anytime! I'm sure he and Max would like to run around having a bark at the rabbits and birds!

Comment

Sorry to hear about situation. I agree that it is best to keep things friendly, can they just build in you view line? I dont know anything about these things, but I know i would feel the same as you.
      Hope it all works out amacably(sp?). Thinking of you.
      Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
      -- Alfred E. Neumann
      http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
        The application will go before the planning committee
        In our area this only happens if you get your local Councillor on your side and they ask the planning committee to visit the site and see for themselves the impact on your property. Otherwise it is just decided upon by the Planning Officers regardless of where there are any objections raised.

Best advice we had was when approaching the council about a planning application was to take photos and mark the proposed building works to scale on the photos to show what the additional building would look like and the impact it will have on your property. If you do have a site visit another thing to watch out for is the planning officers have a nasty habit of saying things will be smaller than they actually are. The extension we were opposing was marked out to half it's size by the planning officer at a site visit.

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
          Dexter (and you) are welcome to visit anytime! I'm sure he and Max would like to run around having a bark at the rabbits and birds!
          Dexter would love to meet Max! We'll have to sort out a convenient date. I'd love to come and see your garden - in return, you could come and visit my back garden and the lottie. Send me a PM.
          Bernie aka Dexterdog
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

One point to bear in mind though dexter is that just as you value your percieved right to a view, they have a right to develop their land, within reason and within any planing or other restrictions.

Unfortunatley in this small island we are not all able to have existing views or open spaces that are around us, guaranteed to stay that way, as much as we would like it to be so. My old house used to overlook the river Soars flood plain. However the outer ring road and Fosse Park shopping centre put paid to that.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
              One point to bear in mind though dexter is that just as you value your percieved right to a view, they have a right to develop their land, within reason and within any planing or other restrictions.

Unfortunatley in this small island we are not all able to have existing views or open spaces that are around us, guaranteed to stay that way, as much as we would like it to be so. My old house used to overlook the river Soars flood plain. However the outer ring road and Fosse Park shopping centre put paid to that.
              Hi PW its OWG that has this issue not me. I just hate screaming kids when I'm trying to get a bit of piece and quiet in my garden - not a lot I can do about that!

Bernie aka Dexterdog
              Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 14-04-2007, 10:04 AM.
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
                I agree - keep it friendly but if they have already put a planning application in then the wheels are in motion. Being friendly and having them round for drinks won't make any difference. The application will go before the planning committee and if it is passed there is nothing you can do about it.
                The 'keeping it friendly' point was really because you're gonna have to live next door to these people whatever the outcome, and bad neighbours can impact on your quality of life too.
                All at once I hear your voice
                And time just slips away
                Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Sorry Dexter, I dont multitask as well as you femmes but totally agree about the kids.

Our neighbour had a dog that barked. We kidnapped it and put it in our garden to see how he liked it. (lol)

Comment

A friend of mine had a neighbour who insisted on playing the piano at 7.30 on a Sunday morning the neighbour was spoken to(quiely)but to no avail!
                    So my friend gave them Led Zeppelin full bore(100 watt speakers)at 3am on a Wednesday..........
                    IT WORKED

Last edited by bubblewrap; 17-04-2007, 12:46 PM.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Mr OWG said he would happily take up learning the drums or electric guitar if need be!

Comment

[Drum lessons from Ginger Baker?
                        Last edited by pigletwillie; 17-04-2007, 04:33 PM.
                        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                        Brian Clough

Comment

My BP has been up and down with this thread!!!
                          Most people want an easy life with their neighbours...some are more considerate than others.
                          I have played Led Zep at vol 12 at 3am - ( and it worked) when we lived in a flat.
                          We now have wonderful neighbours -in a different location-with lovely kids ( it's their pals who are noisey, noisey, noisey!! )
                          The lottie is our perfect retreat.
                          BBQ...watching the ants climb grass....clouds......even bunnies and pigeons...lotties don't just have to be back breaking larders!!!!!
                          It's very difficult to open up to people you don't know...but unless they know what makes you tick...how on earth are they expected not to step on your toes???
                          Some people can be real sh!ts...lets hope they don't become our neighbours!!
                          Only one way to find out......
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well, they move in this weekend!

I've got a card and am baking tonight, so I'll probably take some cake round as well (no bribery here!)

There's been nothing official done yet in terms of planning permissions etc, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Comment

Best advise is to keep friendly negoation is far better than confrontation, but do take photos of you view and the surroundings before any work takes place and during the build, it might help towards an adjustment in the rateable value later. Being on good terms may mean a supply of stable manure in the future.

Comment

With neighbours, as in anything, its always in the approach.

If this guy has not even moved in and he's given you chapter and verse that he's going to do this, and that, and he wants this and he wants that...well. It's going to get your back up isnt it?? He might actually be the most reasonable, considerable bloke on the planet but he's given you no reason to think that.

We've been here a month. Jury is still out on our neighbours. Couldnt afford a 4 figure moving sum so hired a 7.5 ton and got my dad to drive it down from Wales! Everything went pear shaped - they were due with the van about 4pm. Arrived at 11pm. Van company wouldnt let us keep another night so we had to get the stuff off. finished at 3am.

Really conscious of the neighbours so didnt use the tail lift. backbreaking work, as quiet as we possibly could. Bloke next door comes out effing and blinding that his 90 year old dad was trying to sleep. My dad was polite but straight 'i'm really sorry, we're doing the best we can, do you honestly think we would be if there was another option?' new neighbour stormed off. OH and I went round the next morning - met the 90 year old dad who was lovely and said he'd heard nothing! Finally caught up with neighbour a week later who was right as rain. Now we know he's a sterling bloke who does alot of voluntary work but we will never forget what his attitude can be like.

Neighbours other side are really standoffish. We went round to tell them we would like to replace 200' of fencing between them and us at our own cost even though its was actually their responsibility. Only ancient 3' rusting metal posts and chicken wire and I need 5' because of the dogs. Seeing as the fence horrible and ugly and actually a safety issue in areas you would have thought there would be no problem. I spoke to the wife and she was fine. Husband came round an hour later though and asked if we could make sure we did it our side and not to touch anything of theirs!!!

So we did. Now they are slowly filing in their chicken wire fence with that rush stuff...no problem with wanting privacy and I completely understand; however when we are in the gardens at the same time they ignore us and quite literally turn their backs on us.

When the husband came round about the fence he said 'be carefull of our weather vain/birdfeeder'. We said nothing ... but we know for a fact the item he's talking about was a retirement gift for the couple who had the house before us...specially commissioned with a flat coat retriever in wrought iron because that's what their dog was.

One things for sure regarding the horsey incomers. You'll know more next week!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X