We were on the radio

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were on the radio

Had an email on Tuesday from the BBC asking if they could do an outside broadcast from our allotments the next day. Nothing like giving us plenty of notice! Of course, we said yes and at 7am yesterday 2 young ladies turned up in a van full of equipment. We were going to be live on local radio WM just before 8am. First of all, I spoke about our site (I can't remember exactly what I said now!) then Teresinha our Brazilian secretary spoke about the dye plants she grows and finally Dave gave some tips for growing vegetables. It only lasted for about 3 minutes and I was glad when my bit was over!
    Later, one of our plot-holders told us he had heard it and it was "alright"!
    Betty (aka Squash63)
    Walsall Road Allotments, Birmingham
    www.growit.ik.com

Great stuff squash63. Doesn't matter what you said - there's no such thing as bad publicity!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

A lot of the BBC radio progs you can 'listen again' to, but no such luck that I could see on the WM website.

Well done anyway - BTW you've got a great lottie website - looks like a great community!

Comment

Well done squash! Didnt get it up here in Lancashire - but well done! Someone else famous on the Vine! Perhaps we need to have a separate "famous" Grapes spot!
        Bernie aka Dexterdog
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          Great stuff squash63. Doesn't matter what you said - there's no such thing as bad publicity!
          I'd intended to mention about how many women have plots today compared to about 6 or 7 years ago when there were only 3 on the site but once the microphone appeared my mind went blank!

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          A lot of the BBC radio progs you can 'listen again' to, but no such luck that I could see on the WM website.

Well done anyway - BTW you've got a great lottie website - looks like a great community!
          Hi Hazel,
          I never listen to WM so I don't even know what the programme was, but I don't think it will be on their website. We are on another part of the BBC website though, it's here if you'd like to look.
          Glad you like our website Hazel. As you live quite near, why don't you pop down and see us any Sunday morning? (not this Sunday though, it's our AGM) The gates will be open and I'm always there till about 12 noon.

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
          Well done squash! Didnt get it up here in Lancashire - but well done! Someone else famous on the Vine! Perhaps we need to have a separate "famous" Grapes spot!
          Bernie aka Dexterdog
          Thanks!
          We've been in our local paper so many times now that the reporter often phones me to find out if there's any news. They use my photos too and although I don't get paid for them it's a real thrill to see them in the papers.
          Last edited by Lesley Jay; 12-04-2007, 09:28 PM.
          Betty (aka Squash63)
          Walsall Road Allotments, Birmingham
          www.growit.ik.com

Comment

Congratulations Squash. Another famous Grape. There's no end to the talent out there.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X