my own Countdown

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really sorry to hear that, AP.

It all sounded so positive but just goes to show that you never really can tell.

Andy
    http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I'm lost for words Ap - printable words But have a Big ((((((Hug))))) anyway.
      Is there any way that you can give in gracefully and retain your allotments?
      Council want rid of someone who was prepared to stand up to them. I've emailed my local Councillor who is leader of the ruling group on the Council and reminded him that he said they would not allow me to be evicted. Council Officers can just laugh at the politicians which is a sad reflection

Comment

• Oh AP, that is not good news. After all the hard work you put in and the Sheriff's previous comments. Bloody minded council at work.
        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
        If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• I am gutted for you AP.

Let's hope your councillor says more than his prayers.
          Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

• Bottomline is I just have to live with this. I have a tunnel + two sheds and two greenhouses to empty and clear probably in a short period of time which is the biggest problem with all of this. There is also the matter of moving my fruit bushes to ermhh some where goodness knows where.

Comment

• I'm lost for words too Evil b*****ds. If you can think of anything at all we can do to help, you know we'll fall over ourselves. Much love to you from here x

Comment

• Sorry to hear this sad news AP - rotten result for you.
                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Sorry to hear the outcome AP
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• You needing a helping hand AP? I am sure me and OITC may be able to spare a few hrs on Saturday. (I am working on Sundays ).
                    Last edited by KittyColdNose; 23-04-2013, 05:25 PM.
                    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                    If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• Yeah, no problems.

Give us a shout AP and can organise to meet you and shift whatever you need us to

Originally posted by KittyColdNose View Post
                      You needing a helping hand AP? I am sure me and OITC may be able to spare a few hrs on Saturday. (I am working on Sundays ).
                      Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

• I'm gutted for you pal, totally lost for words, wish I lived closer to give a helping hand.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• S H one T So sorry mate, I can't say what I really feel as I would be banned for life.

Colin
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                            Right guys. At resumed hearing today, despite everything that was said by the Sheriff Principal at the last hearing, he rejected my appeal and I will have to surrender my allotments.

The bottom line is that in Scotland, a Local Authority can give 12 months notice to an allotment tenant for no reason irrespective of how far they are in the wrong about rent and about any other factors.

I am gutted.
                            Sorry about going back to this, but have they served you with notice to quit?
                            I'm desperately trying to think of ways in which you don't have to give up your plot

Comment

• £*%& !!!

Is there some way to appeal this ? Surely you would qualify for help, in a case that defines case law ? Do Public Interest Lawyers operate in Scotland ? What grounds did the Sherriff give for his findings ? It really does fly in the face of his previous points...seems like something that invites an appeal on the grounds of error. It just does not make sense.

Give us a shout AP and can organise to meet you and shift whatever you need us to
                              Likewise for help from me. If you want, I can speak to the folks who were growing on the Chinese takeaway ground next to mine, see if they would be happy to house your fruit bushes etc. They seem to be pretty clueless and to have lost interest in doing much, so... maybe, maybe...the uncertainty is a b-----d isn't it !
                              Let me know timescales Frank. I'm certainly available this Saturday.
                              Was I you, I'd be on the Landshare site.
                              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

• Kenny,

unfortunately, the way the Sheriff Principal sees it, the law is totally clear. In terms of section 1 Allotments(Scotland)Act 1922 a Local Authority can give notice to quit for no reason. Doesn't matter if rent is not fair or if Regulations are made but not confirmed or if rent increases are unlawful. If they want to get rid of you, they can get rid just by giving 12 months notice which was done. I'm not presently minded to take this further. It's been ongoing for more than 5 years now with the Court proceedings active for a year. Too many sleepless nights worry at the problem. I'll concentrate on getting somewhere to grow and in fact a customer has offered a piece of ground. She is over 80 though so if I take that offer up, the arrangement might not be for too long. There is also a local allotment site where the rent is £24 a year for a full sized plot compared to £77 for a council plot. I have already asked if they have any vacancies.

I have local contacts who I can call on for help but a huge thanks to those folks offering and of course to everyone on the vine who have expressed support along the way.

On the plus side, many of the things that were wrong with the Council's management of its allotments have been sorted out as a result of me digging in my heels so at least I have that satisfaction.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X