my own Countdown

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going to win.

Otherwise we all come up for a 'camp in' in your support and as a protest of their unjust behaviour.

That should frighten em off!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Heyup AP, what's with the negative vibes?
      Got to try not to be too cocksure of myself although I am totally confident in my arguments. The Council has to fight me because otherwise, everyone else will stop paying rent, will claim back what they have already paid and the Council will have huge costs in putting their allotments admin on the correct footing.

p.s. My plot is slowly and surely being planted up including my show stuff

Comment

Just had a quick back read are you saying at the beginning of this thread that they put the rent up of full plots so that the half plots stayed the same rent !!! Ours are only £20.25P for a half plot no rent was put up to double the amount they were halved and over 60's get a 20% discount, full, half or quarter plot.
        Good luck with this, hope you win and get to keep your plot, this is crazy.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

They increased the rents in Feb 2008 by 80%. I discovered later that year that the new rent for a half plot had been set at £34.30 and a whole plot at £50. I pointed out that was not fair and asked that the rent for a half plot be set at £25. Instead, they amalgamated a water charge of £1.05 and increased the rent for a full plot to £70 and for a half plot to £35 in Feb 2009.

Comment

Counting down now until a week on Thursday. Spent today, re-indexing my evidence and preparing a statement to lodge in Court. Giving me the collywobbles again but I'm sure I'll get over that

Comment

Hang in there mate, don't let the bar stewards grind you down.

Colin
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

all the best,you have the force of the vine behind you ,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

We are all here for you. Get the collywobbles any time and we'll make them still.

If only because we've smacked you around the face a bit and said ' You're going to win. How many more time do I have to say it? Go to your room.'

Keep us posted about those collywobbles. Dangerous things you know.

Comment

Get those wobbles in check.
                    You'll be fine.

Comment

Hope it all goes well, be thinking of you!

Comment

AP,you will be fine on the day bud remember the words of J.Kelly ... Set a stout Heart to a stay Brea ... carry on as you started,keep the proverb true
                        Last edited by bearded bloke; 09-05-2012, 12:24 PM. Reason: typo
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Well, you are absolutely certain in your own mind that you are in the right. You have the paperwork to back you up.
                          Tell the collywobbles you don't actually have time for them right now. When you've won, as you will, those collywobbles will be caused by excitement not fear.
                          Maths don't, can't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjo View Post
                            Maths don't, can't lie.
                            Unfortunately, Council Officers can't be counted on not to lie(Like the pun? ). I'm more than certain I'm in the right but that doesn't take away the feeling of unease and uncertainty. I can't complain though, I challenged the Council to take me to Court so that this whole mess could be sorted out. Knowing that doesn't stop me waking up and night thinking about it though.

Comment

The council have now had time to re-adjust their defence so all I can say is Good Luck AP, I hope you get the result you deserve.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Mally,(M'lud) they think they are able to issue notice to quit without hindrance. My argument is that because the law up here requires a local authority to have the regulations it uses for the management of its allotments formally confirmed by the Scottish Ministers(failing which they shall not be of any force), and because the law includes the statement that such regulations may define the notices to be given for the letting thereof, that because Aberdeen City Council has had no such regulations formally confirmed then any notices issued have no legal force. Aberdeen Council does not even have an unconfirmed regulation that defines the Notices.

The law also makes it crystal clear that allotment holders are entitled to have access to all such regulations and therefore be able to acquaint with the rules and notices with which they are required to comply.

There is also supposed to be full public consultation and our Government may modify any regulations before confirming them. There is therefore a system of checks and balances that our Council has avoided by not going through the correct procedures.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X