This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by di View Post
    ^ ^ so if at the end of the season, Aberdeen have twenty goals and York also have twenty goals, would that put Aberdeen ahead? How unfair!
    Well, that can't be right, surely! Totally unfair - how can this be? You might just as well not bother playing if that's the case.
    Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

• .... or name your team Aardvark!
      I assume (rightly or wrongly) that the teams are listed on a points basis in alphabetical order where they are equal. It can't mean that you are promoted because your team's name is A, surely? Not even in football.

Comment

• Come on now someone - we need an explanation please! Surely no-one would want a team beginning with Z (is there one?) so there must be more to this than meets the eye.
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

• Ok ladies, on the very 1st day of the season the teams are listed in alphabetical order only because they are all on zero points. After that, it is down to points (3 for a win, 2 for a draw) & goal difference.......goal difference to be explained at a later date.........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• .... and, if you have 2 teams with the same number of points they would be listed alphabetically - yes/no? Strike out whichever does not apply.

Comment

• A good example of goal difference is this years premier league.......both Man U & Man C have the same points but Man C have a better goal difference (the difference between goals scored & goals conceded) so if it finished like this which it will IMO then Man C would be crowned Champions.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                .... and, if you have 2 teams with the same number of points they would be listed alphabetically - no? Strike out whichever does not apply.
                It would go on goal difference.

Comment

• Can't you have 2 teams with absolutely identical points and goal differences?
                  PS if anyone had said a week or two ago that I would be trying to understand anything at all about soccer I would have said they were barmy! Such is the amazing power of the Vine

Comment

Can't you have 2 teams with absolutely identical points and goal differences?
                    PS if anyone had said a week or two ago that I would be trying to understand anything at all about soccer I would have said they were barmy! Such is the amazing power of the Vine
                    If 2 teams ended up with same point & same goal difference it would go on who scored the most goals............I think it is highly unlikely that this would happen although not impossible.

Comment

• Nothing is impossible! There must be a rule to cover it - but it's OK, I can live without knowing the answer.

Comment

Nothing is impossible! There must be a rule to cover it - but it's OK, I can live without knowing the answer.
                        Phew!........

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          Ok ladies, on the very 1st day of the season the teams are listed in alphabetical order only because they are all on zero points. After that, it is down to points (3 for a win, 2 for a draw) & goal difference.......goal difference to be explained at a later date.........
                          And it's only one point for a draw (not 2!) although years ago you only used to get two points for a win rather than two.................

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Can't you have 2 teams with absolutely identical points and goal differences?
                          Firstly, it's FOOTBALL no soccer!

Secondly, if the teams are still equal after goal difference and goals scored I think they look at the performance against each other but not 100% sure on that as it never happens over the whole season (although in theory is possible). In individual cup matches away goals sometimes count for more than homes ones but that's not relevant here and probably only confuses . As far as I'm aware the alphabetical thing only counts before anybody kicks a ball ie how all teams will be listed in August at the start of the season.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            Firstly, it's FOOTBALL no soccer!.
                            I sit corrected, Alison. It will never happen again Thank you!!
                            As for the rest......You're right, it confuses!

Comment

I sit corrected, Alison. It will never happen again Thank you!!
                              As for the rest......You're right, it confuses!
                              Lol - I find footie so easy to follow and the rules very simple but have no idea about anything to do with either cricket or rugby, just never managed to get any excitment going.
                              Last edited by Alison; 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                Lol - I find footie so easy to follow and the rules very simple but have no idea about anything to do with either cricket of rugby, just never managed to get any excitment going.
                                There's not much I can say about that, Alison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X