Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given enough money, you can buy anyone's heritage! What sort of Dragon will it be - not a Welsh one you can bet!

Comment

• I remember many moons ago when I was a young ape Leeds Utd badge used to have an Owl as that is the crest of the city....but they are called The Peacocks as they used to play in Blue & Old Gold, they then decided in the 60's I think, that they wanted to look like Real Madrid so changed the strip to all white & to confuse it further, Sheff Weds are known as the Owls..............so yes, anything is possible.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• So Leeds are called Peacocks, but they wear white? Its no wonder I'm confused

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          So Leeds are called Peacocks, but they wear white? Its no wonder I'm confused
          Because they used to wear this in the 40's & 50's..................the colours of a peacock. Leeds Rhinos & Leeds Tykes still adopt those colours.
          They changed to white in the sixties under Don Revie as he wanted them to emulate Real Madrid then the best team in the world.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Well, thank you for that! Does that mean that if I dress in some fantastic low cut number I'd look like a glamorous film star? No need to answer that - its obvious! You should be true to yourself and not think that you can achieve stardom by copying your role models.
            That's sounds harsh! But what is the point of "apeing" (sorry) your idols?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Well, thank you for that! Does that mean that if I dress in some fantastic low cut number I'd look like a glamorous film star? No need to answer that - its obvious! You should be true to yourself and not think that you can achieve stardom by copying your role models.
              That's sounds harsh! But what is the point of "apeing" (sorry) your idols?
              I was mearly answering Steves post about Cardiff changing from Blue to Red.........keep that low cut number on hold.........

Comment

• So on a couple of minutes to find out if it's a Blackpool v Hammers final......

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• These days, its doesn't matter how low cut it is, it doesn't reveal anything!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    So on a couple of minutes to find out if it's a Blackpool v Hammers final......
                    Yep, well done Blackpool but I can't see them beating West Ham.

Comment

• Let's hope they do BM!

And good luck to Man City and Newcastle at the weekend!

Can't have the dodgy knight winning again.....

Loving my allotment!

Comment

• Hurray!

Mr OWG is a lifelong Blackpool supporter, and was actually pacing around the room during the game, he was so nervous....

Of course, as soon as they won, both his phones (work and personal) started pinging and beeping and ringing - loads of texts and emails and calls to arrange going off to Wembley.....

Comment

• Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                          Hurray!

Mr OWG is a lifelong Blackpool supporter, and was actually pacing around the room during the game, he was so nervous....

Of course, as soon as they won, both his phones (work and personal) started pinging and beeping and ringing - loads of texts and emails and calls to arrange going off to Wembley.....
                          Brilliant!.......I hope he has a great day at Wembley & I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him.
                          Last edited by Bigmallly; 10-05-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Good result for The Blades tonight, I wonder if Mr Flo will be celebrating........or maybe he is an Owls fan and is still hungover.............

Comment

• Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                              Hurray!

I wanted blackpool to win badly now just need them to beat those rotters from east london and i'll be delirious
                              Last edited by Terry1968; 12-05-2012, 06:09 AM.
                              http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/Grow...Own/videos.asp

Comment

• Well done 'uddersfield, half way there. We could be on for a reight Yorkshire final.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X