X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Banter

Originally posted by Knight of Albion View Post
    Yes, Walcott and Townsend both out through injury. A great shame. Though I'm thinking the high heat and humidity won't be conducive to the 'fast and furious' style of play so maybe the impact of their absence will be minimalized.
    Quite true. Heat will definately be a factor. Interested to see how it affects the game. Doubt there will be many teams gunning it from the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Last edited by 1tonne; 13-05-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Can't think about footie tonight, not been a good night for it in the playoffs

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Can't think about footie tonight, not been a good night for it in the playoffs

Been a bad one for you? Haven't even looked yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1tonne View Post
          Been a bad one for you? Haven't even looked yet!

Wish I hadn't, 2-1 tonight and 3-2 over both legs so our 100% playoff record is over . On a plus point at least I'll save money not going to that their London and have an extra day at the lottie over the Bank Holiday weekend.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

• World Cup I don't think you can look to much further than the South American teams, I certainly don't see the normal European teams doing much. England are pretty much written off before they begin and I don't think Germany will have the same staying powers as before (but then don't we say that every time?). France are France so will probably limp out amidst a poisonous internal atmosphere and I'm not sure Spain will have the same aura about them this year as they have had previously... I think their time is over as everyone has had so long now to figure them out. Belgium are an exciting prospect but it might stillbe a tournament too early for them, might have been different if a European hosted tournament but half of their squad are playing in England... it's gonna be a different kettle of fish over there.

I don't see an African side going the distance as Ivory Coast aren't the same side as they were a few years ago, the climate in the Southern cities might play into their hands but I don't think they'll have enough nous as a team to make it too deep.

Argentina, Brazil and Chile all to do well by their own standards... that means Quarters for Chile (at the minumum) and I can see an Argentina v Brazil final. There is also Uruguay who could go a long way if they can live up to their potential.

In terms of the play-offs, Posh only have themselves to blame, they definitely have the talent to have got promotion but I think they got themselves into a weird mindset early on whereby they were just going through the motions and expecting results to come. That from someone who hasn't seen them play at all this season so I may be wrong

Comment

• Play-offs? I'm a Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holder.

'Nuff said.

Comment

• Also, I don't want to appear to be whoring out my other thread but as I didn't know about this thread when I started my other there might be people who didn't know about my other thread when reading this one!

If you fancy making the World Cup a bit more interesting you can have a go on my competition...

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ion_79092.html

...or you could just fill the scores in and check your predictions as the tournament unfolds without actually entering the competition (I'll never know the difference!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                  Play-offs? I'm a Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holder.

'Nuff said.
                  Our Gert is a massive Reading fan... needless to say she wasn't pleased with your lot, nor with me reminding her that if Reading had taken so much as a point off my lot they'd have been in the play-offs

Comment

• Most important day of the year today.

Come on you gunners. 9yrs is plenty. Lets lift the cup!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1tonne View Post
                      Most important day of the year today.

Come on you gunners. 9yrs is plenty. Lets lift the cup!

They won it on my wedding day against Newcastle as I remember. Missed the first half but watched the second in my big frock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        They won it on my wedding day against Newcastle as I remember. Missed the first half but watched the second in my big frock.
                        That's dedication for you!
                        Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                        Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

• Arsenal should win it. 3 - 1 would seem to be a scoreline that reflects the quality differential between the two teams, but you never know...

As Wigan showed last year, against a much superior team, with tenacity and resolve anything is possible. (Much like life really.)
                          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.

Comment

• Watching the cup final, for the first time in years. I like Mr.Wenger, Mr.Bruce, I don't get. Even though he was in charge of Brummieland City, fail to compute. Have missed 2/3 goals, as I was making a cuppa. I drink alot of tea.

Don't like the tea time kick off. It was always nice to have a 3pm kick off. Oh, how I miss the 'Road to Wembley' from years ago.
                            Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• 3 - 2. A top quality winner.

Felt for Hull though... Still - staying up, a Wembley final and qualification for Europe. A great season for them.

Comment

• And Athletico Madrid won La Liga!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X