Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Time!!

Hi all

Just thought I'd share my overwhelming excitement. I've just got my very first shoots from my very first seeds in my very new greenhouse!

Considering I've barely maintaned a houseplant before now I'm absolutely astounded they're growing!

Yippee!
    Kermit aka Jade

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Congratulations! The feeling of wonder never goes either!
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Well done Jade - now you know what all the excitement's about!

Comment

Congratulations Jade. Enjoy the whole thing - every time it happens.

LJ - wish I could manage a lap round the seed tray!!!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Congratulations Kermit. I know how you feel. I feel like that every time - year after year. It never goes away. I do hope all your plants do wonderfully well.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Congratulations Kermit

It's a fantastic feeling isn't it when you see them starting to come through.

Alice is right too - the feeling never goes away. I do a little boogie every time I see something new happening in my plot.

Happy growing.

Squash Muppet

Comment

Well done Kermit! I 'whooped' with excitement yesterday when my first tomato plants of the year had come up (9 yesterday... 18 today!!) and I get a real buzz from any seeds that germinate (apart from weed seeds - obviously!!) Still waiting for the chillis and peppers to do something - every day I hopefully lift the lid on the propogator, but nothing yet. Still, it's early days yet.
              It's at this point that you realise (if you were ever doubting) what all the fuss is about. Just make sure you look after your new little babies now!!

Comment

Fantastic Kermit! We've just got out greenhouse & today Ifound the 1st germinated seeds - 2 sunflowers.
                I've had my weetabix...

Comment

It's a growers' thing. No-one else understands how it feels - but we do and we share it! I find it useful to date the label because I look every day and think the seeds have been in ages. When I check it's only 4 days!
                  Onwards and upwards. You'll really enjoy it!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Congratulations Jade, it is a great feeling isn't it.

One of my neighbours caught me dancing round the greenhouse last night, so pleased with how much my peas had grown since the morning.

I just love this time of year, gives a bit of hope.

Mandy

Comment

It makes the hard work worth it. I love it.
                      Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Congrats Jade

It's good to hear it's not only me who does a seedling 'head' count every morning.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

They are your babies now Kermit. Flummery is right, non gardeners don't understand - my husband enjoys the garden but thinks I'm completely bats when I'm peering at seed trays. He never fails to point out that "a watched seed never grows", or something to that effect anyway. Enjoy yourself in the garden this year. At any rate, with a name like Kermit, you should have green fingers...
                          All at once I hear your voice
                          And time just slips away
                          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Still waiting on my beans to show

Comment

I love it when big seeds like pumpkin start to germinate and produce that "volcano" of compost just before they show. You know its coming but just cant yet see it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X