Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its contagious

Hi all!

You may remember Mrs D mentioning that she thought my folks were getting a bit interested in GYOing, well, I just rang my mam, and offered her some tomato seeds (so they could plant up a couple in hanging baskets and a couple in her borders at the back, only to be told that they are thinking about diggin up their absolutely flat and perfect back lawn to make some veg beds! The lawn has been relayed 3 times in 8 years to get it to the perfect condition it is in now, and they are now going to cut holes in it for veg! lol!!

They've already planted King Edward tatties in their borders this weekend, methinks I'm going to get the blame for this one! lol!

I've told them they would be better off getting an allotment (they are in Hull otherwise they could share our plots), and there are some across the field from their back garden, but as yet they recon they havent enough time to do a plot, tho when my dad retires in a few years time things may well change!

I recon the next time we go over and take our dog Bella with us that we may well have to take a walk over to the plots!

Just a shame they arent on the net (they dont own a computer yet), otherwise I'd get them on here too!
    Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
    Dobby

Hi Dobby,

Another convert!

My dad and his girlfriend are also thinking about GYOing, I left my seeds out for them while on holiday. Came back with great plans of getting things started on my return only to find half of my seeds missing!!

Don't mind as long as they grow them, massive garden and more space than me

Mandy

Comment

Talk about catching! Some friends of ours have a lovely 8 yr old daughter who wanted to grow sunflowers. Ended up with a pack of Delphinium seeds and a list of instructions - wiv piccies - on what to do. She's really interested. Then another family we know has a 10 yr old daughter who has now got a couple of tomato plants from us and a chillie plant. All for encouraging the young to go gardening!

Zebedee
      "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

My mam has never shown any interest in gardening, and she lives in a flat in Manchester.....but this year she is growing spuds in containers on the patio.....and she called me up the other day worrying about lily beetle on her potted lillies!

Comment

don't know if we've converted anyone, but I've got my (single mum) neighbour cooking real food - gave her a cabbage the other day, and some rhubarb today. she said she'd buy a packet of crumble and must have seen the look on my face so asked how to make it. Couldn't believe how easy it would be when I told her.

Comment

Keep up the good work Madderbat. Why not give her an onion and something to go with it and tell her how to make soup. An easy wat to get vegetables into children.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Ahhh another sufferer of Vegititous eh Dobby

Well done madder,

It always amazes me when I see people with frozen bubble & squeak!!! Cauliflower cheese or flapjacks are another good easy recipe
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

My 6 yr old is well into growing stuff now. She won some seeds last week, and her and the little lad from next door spent ages planting them at the weekend. I've no idea what she planted or in which pot, so it'll be fun watching them come up.
                She's turning into a cracking little cook too.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X