No announcement yet.

You know you're old when....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the policemen look younger than your children!
    Last edited by bubblewrap; 21-04-2007, 07:30 PM.
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
      you are old when it takes all night to do what you used to do all night

you are older still when you cant remember what you used to do
      I'm not as good as I once was!
      But I'm as good once as I ever was!
      And once is plenty for Madderbat!!!!!
      Last edited by bubblewrap; 23-04-2007, 10:02 PM.
      Brian Clough

Comment

your getting old when

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
        When the policemen look younger than your children!
        aint that the truth
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

The children ask you to go to the fair with them and the grandchildren, and you say no thanks because you can't stand the crowds and the noise and there isn't a single ride that you want to go on except the baby ones!! The others make you feel ill, or have health warnings on them that exclude you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            You feel old when the Grandchildren start calling you Grandad :
            No Snadger its when ALL children call you Grandad!
            It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it!

Comment

When the prime minister & most of the cabinet are younger than you.
              Brian Clough

Comment

I totally agree with Grouch Marx, who said, and I quote:
                "You are only as old as the woman you feel!"

Don't blame me for that. He said it on his last telvised tv interview!

Zebedee
                "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Ah but he was rich! You'll probably get slapped more, Zeb!

Flum
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Found these:

1. You and your teeth don't sleep together.

2. Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

3. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

4. Your back goes out but you stay home.

5. When you wake up looking like your driver's license picture.

6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

7. When your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

8. When happy hour is a nap.

9. When you're on vacation and your ENERGY runs out before your money does.

10. When you say something to your kids that your mother said to You, and you always hated it.

11. When all you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

12. When you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.

13. Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.

14. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

15. Your memory is shorter and your complaining lasts longer.

16. Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.

17. You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.

18. The pharmacist has become your new best friend.

19. Getting "lucky" means you found your car in the parking lot.

20. The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.

21. It takes twice as long - to look half as good.

22. Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt - doesn't work.

23. You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.

24. You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.

25. You give up all your bad habits and still don't feel good.

26. You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don't care anymore.

27. You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.

28. You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don't even remember being on top of it.
                    Last edited by HeyWayne; 24-04-2007, 10:02 AM.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch
                      Only two??
                      Brian Clough

Comment

Went to Maximo Park gig @ Leeds Uni last night. Only managed to keep up with the pogo-ing student masses for the first 3 tunes, then had to retire to the back to recover. Today, i can barely move without creaking/groaning, my eyes feel like they've had sand poured in them, and i look like i haven't slept in a week...
                        Am I too old for these shenanigans now...?!

Ignorance Isn't Bliss

Comment

when you'd rather stay in and play board games than be bothered shouting at people who cant hear you over the music and who you dont really like anyway
                          Yo an' Bob
                          Walk lightly on the earth
                          take only what you need
                          give all you can
                          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                            when you'd rather stay in and play board games than be bothered shouting at people who cant hear you over the music and who you dont really like anyway
                            Beer at home is cheeper too!
                            Last edited by Lesley Jay; 26-04-2007, 12:14 AM.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

Thanks Wayne - belly laughs this morning. Relate to most of them (but do have my own teeth)

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                              Soo true! I gave up going out 'on the town' in the evenings about 10 years ago. I went into town with some friends, nice meal, went for a drink and
                              1) couldn't get served at the bar;
                              2) couldn't hear a word friends were saying.
                              Sat a the table, nodding and smiling for a bit, couldn't get to the loo and gave up.

Haven't been to a pub in town at night since. Too many students/youth screaming and shouting at each other over the piped music - horrible.
                              We occasionally go to a nice quiet local pub which serves real ale, but usually home before dark!

Am definitely geting old.

Comment

You know you're getting old when.........

........ you dont recognise any of the singers or groups that are in the charts, BUT you do recognise 'celebrity' gardeners and chefs!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X