Oh what naughty blackbirds!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh what naughty blackbirds!

Are other grapes having their mulches dug up and thrown about by hungry blackbirds at the moment. I should be cross, but haven't the heart. I wondered what was making huge holes all over my raised beds (dog, cat?) until I caught them at it.
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Hee hee, we have blackbirds in the garden that are gathering the moss out of the lawn for their nests.....way t'go birdies!

Comment

I once had an open compost heap (ok, a dump!) and caught a blackbird tossing out the tea-bags so it could get to the fruit peel and cores!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ah ha! i wonder if thats the culprit who has been digging the compost in my garlic buckets and strawberry trough! found the evidence this morning and was quite confused!
        There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
        Happy Gardening!

Comment

Yes, the blackies howk in everything and toss it all over the place - including seed trays if you leave them outside uncovered.

We've got blackie chicks out of the nest, I saw them today.

It will be the blackies, Protea.
          Last edited by Lesley Jay; 20-04-2007, 07:44 PM.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I was at the lottie this week and while I've been digging/hoeing a male backbird has been following me. I thought it was a juvenile as his feathers were white in places and looked a bit rough, but I saw him today with a mouthful of worms flying off, obviously feeding babies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X