Is April the new May

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your garden is looking fantastic Alice.

Having said that it wasn't like May yesterday, today (well the morning at least) was beautiful, blue skies, no wind (NO WIND !!!!!) and a nice warm 18 degrees. Definately May! (Its raining now and blowing a gale)
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Have just seen your other photos Alice! Super! You must have put a lot of work and effort into producing such a lovely garden!
      Bernie aka Dexterdog
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks everybody. If you want to see any more of my garden you can see last years pics here and the start of my kitchen garden. A lot of work still to do there but it is up and running and a bit further on than the pics show.
        http://wwwaliceinwonderland-alice.blogspot.com/

I'm hoping to visit Crarae Gardens soon. Usually go in May to see the rhoddies, camelias etc but if they're like me they will be early this year. Will take some pics for you all to see. (It's near Inverary. A lovely run up Loch Lomond from here )

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks Alice loved my wander thro your wonderland!

Still don't belive you've got rhodies out....but then it looks like you've got green fingers

Comment

My rhodie is just starting to flower now.
            Alice - paid a visit to Crarae Gardens lasy year on my honeymoon - brilliant place
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looking great Alice - some raised beds!
              ~
              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Did anyone else sign up as an observer at the natures calendar link at the beginning of the thread. I did and got some really interesting information from the Woodlands Trust in the post.

Comment

Already a member Alice.

Comment

I joined a few years ago when I started doing the BBC's Springwatch & they had a link to the phenology website. It's interesting as you notice how things vary from year to year & can compare different areas of the country.
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

So that's 3 grapes ! Anybody else?

Comment

It's the hottest April for 300 years >>Click<<

Geo..
                        Last edited by Geo; 27-04-2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          It's the hottest April for 300 years

Geo..
                          I don't doubt it Geo, but where did you get the stats. ?

Comment

Re check my post Alice...

I have added the Stats... 1659

Geo..

P.S. Your garden is lovely...
                            Last edited by Geo; 27-04-2007, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Been doing the phenology thing for a couple of years now, started doing it with the kids when we joined the Woodland Trust. They've lost interest a bit now, although they do like the Birdwatch (counting how many of each species you see at once within a given time-frame).

Comment

Sorry Geo, getting a bit dim ! Thanks for the stats link . Very interesting reading.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X