No announcement yet.

Is April the new May

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, do we have to re-name them April bugs? Had to come in tonight as they were everywhere. YUK!- I can love most things in the garden in some way, but those things give me the heebie jeebies. And the chaffers-double YUK!!

I don't know why but they seem to be coming up through the beds in one of my greenhouses. I must have killed 40 this week- what is quite grotesque is the speed the ants lick em up -there are wingcases everywhere like so many pistachio shells after a party.
    Last edited by Paulottie; 27-04-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I would rephrase the question today to: Is April the new August? I 've been out painting my new field gates in a t shirt and shorts! The short wearing season in Shetland is extremely short, so I may get the wear of them this year.
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Did you just go out in your shorts with the white legs Jennie Or did you use the Fake Bake I like the St Tropez stuff myself

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I noticed today that the flower buds on the Hawthorn are well forward. Might get flowers before May (3 days to go) !!
          And there were snails 8 feet up them ! What's that about ?

Comment

In my local paper yesterday even the French are talking about how unseasonably hot it is and the older farming people round here are telling me that we're in for a very hot summer this far south.
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Some types of snail do climb trees Alice. Not dependent on the time of year I don't think. The word arboreal comes to mind. (But I might have dreamt it!)
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

You're right Flummery. Googled that, and yes there are arborial slugs. Now why did I never notice that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                  Did you just go out in your shorts with the white legs Jennie Or did you use the Fake Bake I like the St Tropez stuff myself
                  I went for the lilly whites yesterday as thankfully there was no one around!
                  ~
                  Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I've only gone as far as the cut off jeans yet Jennie. My legs are permanently like scrawny white milk bottles & I've tried some of that moisturiser with fake tan in it this week. It said to wait until it's soaked in before you dress which I did but when I took my socks off the other night they must have rubbed some off because I had very slightly tanned legs & lovely snowy white feet & ankles!
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                      I've only gone as far as the cut off jeans yet Jennie. My legs are permanently like scrawny white milk bottles & I've tried some of that moisturiser with fake tan in it this week. It said to wait until it's soaked in before you dress which I did but when I took my socks off the other night they must have rubbed some off because I had very slightly tanned legs & lovely snowy white feet & ankles!
                      I have milk-bottle legs too!

Because I'm so pale, even the tinted moisturiser stuff makes me look orange-spray-tan-tastic, so I've given up!

Just think, in times past, all the aristocrats were pale as they didn't go outside, and the "common" people were tanned from all the work they did

(That's what my mum used to say to cheer me up when I got down about being whiter-than-white!)

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                        My legs are permanently like scrawny white milk bottles
                        Sue, that description did make me smile.

Comment

Think I'm going to give up with the tinted moisturiser stuff too O.W.G. I don't think it goes with 'getting hot & sweaty in your jeans whilst gardening'. I'm sure I rub it in properly but it still looks streaky & orange. I'll have to settle for 'pale & interesting' like you!
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X