Job Interview: HELP!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouya Mellsa View Post
    I might play around with PowerPoint to find a professional looking theme.
    there is no such thing........use a plain background if you must use PowerPoint......better not to if they have not specified it's use!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

I'll just bung in loads of graphs and stuff.

Can I use notes, d'yer reckon?

Comment

Yes of course.....

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Originally posted by dominic10 View Post
          In March 2011 Terry Leahy left Tescos - it is considered this has had a financial impact on Tesco. There is an article Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy leaves with tills ringing | Mail Online - you could use the financial info when he left and current results as an example somewhere in your presentation - a strong leadership can have a major impact on how a company performs. Many moons ago I had a project comparing the then 4 major supermarkets and I found the Tesco website by far the most informative. Mintel and The Grocer are also good for background info. Good luck.
          Thank you! I appreciate this!

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
            there is no such thing........use a plain background if you must use PowerPoint......better not to if they have not specified it's use!
            They said 'PowerPoint facilities are available' in the letter so assumed it's what they're after.

Comment

Ok. Good for graphs. I would just use a plain blue background. (tesco blue perhaps) With your name in white or light gray in the bottom corner. They won't forget you then........

Loving my allotment!

Comment

And use no more than two fonts..........plain and clear

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Ok - thanks.

I'm going to settle on a clear background now.

:-)

Comment

a - always take 2 sets of handouts as well, for when your version of powerpoint isn't compatible with theirs.
                    b - take a set for yourself to refer to as well...
                    c - keep it simple - it's 5 minutes so you can't do too much.
                    d - keep it visual - just keep to headline bullets on the presentation

I use really simple concepts for any of my presentations. So for something like this, I'd use a SCOT analysis. It is often called SWOT but I prefer to use Concerns not Weaknesses. Strengths and Concerns are internal issues - Opportunities and Threats are external and you can often round up any 5 minute presentation in these terms.

So Terry L leaving, is a concern as he seemed to know the business [then go into his background and his successor], pulling out of Japan - external but was that an opportunity or a threat [you decide and put your spin on it]...the recession a definite threat, competitors a definite threat and possibly an opportunity that hasn't been seized, pricing structure...etc. All the things that have affected them over the last 5 years FINANCIALLY.

I've lost count of the business presentations I've done over the years - but I've always found that using a concept that wraps them up neatly using the business world's own models [of which SWOT/SCOT is one] makes things much easier to understand and to present.

Comment

Thank you zazen!

That has been very helpful and made things a lot simpler for the presentation.

I very much appreciate your (and everyone else's) help!

Comment

Good luck in the interview.......go get em!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

sending you good wishes for your interview,go get it ouya mellsa
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hi OM

I think you've had enough good advice so I'll just say good luck.

P.S. I have an interview Wednesday as well!
                            Cheers

Danny

Comment

Hope you're not going for the same job!! Good Luck to you both

Comment

I'll fights yer for it, sos I will!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X