I've quit college

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've quit college

as this GYO is taking up so much time and is much more fun.

I'd been studying for 12 months and then I started a law course in February with the OU and to be honest it wasn't as interesting as I'd hoped but I seemed to be spending less and less time reading as there is always something to sow or do at the lottie.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted as I was getting so far behind and now I can devote my full attention to the allotment which is what it deserves.

Might manage to give the kids some attention now aswell.
    Bex

Sorry to hear that Bex, but if you werent enjoying the course then you've probably done yourself a favour. I went from infant school all the way to uni because my parents said I had to - hated it all, never worked and just wanted to be out in the big wide world!
    If you are happier now youve made the decision then youve made the right one.
    Good luck
    Bernie aka Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Big step Bex, but if you feel like a weight's gone, then it has to be a decision that you needed to make! Perhaps studying another subject (gardening?) would be a better option, its something I would like to do one day!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Good luck with whatever you decide to do Bex. Make sure you spend as much time with the kids as you can, they grow up so quickly. I can't quite believe mine now have children of their own.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the support, thats why I love it hear so much.

I did think about studying gardening Mrs D, I'm going to have a look at evening school when the prospectus come out, see if there's anything there.

I know I've made the right decision because now I'm excited about getting to the allotment, I felt a bit guilty before because I should have been studying.
          Bex

Comment

I feel like that sometimes with regards to OU - especially when Word crashes on me on ECA deadline day! Some of the lot in the gardening board on the OU's conferencing system are doing gardening courses.
            My Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
            Photo Album - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99039017@N00/

Comment

I'm sure it's for the best Bex. There are plenty of Horticulture courses on line at diffrent levels - why don't you try a short one and see how you like it? Try learningcurve-uk.com but there are others too.
              I've had my weetabix...

Comment

Hi Bex

My OU degree is now a dim and distant memory - I was a D student not long after the OU opened - and I graduated in 1983 but can remember the long evenings, early mornings (before the days of multi media learning, it was the tele or nothing) and the stresses trying to balance the OU against other things in my life was a nightmare, I was married (shiver) and had three small kids at that time.

If it's any consolation, the other degrees I have were equally stressful but in a different way.

OU -v- gardening ............. difficult call but good luck anyway, you can always return to the OU later of course.
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

I don't think I could have coped with a course part time. I did my degree in the Olden Days when you got a grant and didn't owe anyone anything after. We had 3 full years (in Durham - beautiful place - daughter went there too - had her Dad's old room in the first year!) and you had no other distractions - oh, apart from drink and sex etc!
                  More recently - about 8 years ago, OH and I took a 2 year part time archaeology course. Our lottie suffered somewhat. And there was the guilt thing too.

Life's too short. Be happy!

Flum
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

TonyF - do you still remember your personal identifier!!!?

Comment

Don't beat yourself up Bex, as Flum and Rusty Lady say: life is too short, and children should be enjoyed - they grow up so quickly.

Our son is 21 next month, and I don't regret not working when he was little - we had so much fun. Enjoy while you can, and relax. There is too much stress in the world, don't contribute to it.

Comment

multiveg, I most certainly do, I have two (quirk in the system apparently) one's a D and one's an E.

Also remember my Mum's Co-op number tho that's been defunct for 25 years or more and my Dad's army number tho he'd left the army years before I was born.

Sad really.
                        TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Good grief Tony, my PI number begins or should I say began with an X.

Thanks everyone, I don't regret my decision for a minute. It just goes to show how the GYO lifestyle is all consuming. Its something I can enjoy with the children, not excluding them.
                          Bex

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
                            .............Its something I can enjoy with the children, not excluding them.
                            Ah well never mind Bex , you can't win em all
                            ntg
                            Never be afraid to try something new.
                            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                            ==================================================

Comment

Mine is a P

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X