Big Dig Accent

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dig Accent

I just loved the Big Dig programme that has been on UK TV these last three weeks, it is very addictive. Even my husband made time to watch it. And I just fell in love with everyone in Wales. But ..... is anyone like me ......... when I'm in the garden now when speaking to myself (I assume everyone does this )

I 'ave a lovely Welsh accent ! Its just a shame you can't h'ere me.
    I had ho-ped that this would be ide-al for our next play, but we are doin' Oliver!

With the most humble apologies to any of our Welsh Grapes!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

As an 'adopted' Welsh person (born in Dundee), I forgive you as much as I can. Didn't see the Big Dig so not sure what Welsh accent you now chat to yourself in. Pembrokeshire has it's own odd accent - now sadly only spoken by the oldest of the farmers - you need a translator to understand them!!! There was a programme I caught a bit of on TV a couple weeks ago and this old Pembrokeshire chap was talking about cow pats but calling them 'cow cushions'....
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

That happened to me when my eldest son had a passion for Fireman Sam... Found myself quoting Dilys Price (shopkeeper) at every turn!
      "Don't dither in the doorway, my lovely" or "Should stick to spaghetti, see? Safer.."

Very sad... I can still remember it after 9 years..!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X