get your buckets ready

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get your buckets ready

Walking aroud the countryside i have noticed that the oak trees have come into full leaf this last week reminds me of an old saying
    Ash before the Oak and we will have a soak,
    Oak before the Ash and we will have a splash .
    i wonder if it works.
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Hundreds of bloody oak seedlings all over my garden and it's been absolutely falling down with rain for 24 hours!
    TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Are but are the Ash trees in leaf or still in bud like they are here and i think the rhyme works over the whole summer ps rather jealous of all your rain jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Dug up some ash tree seedlings today and they were as far in leaf as the oaklets I was sent my TonyF - not sure what to make of that one!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Don't know about the rest of the country but we seem to have missed the April showers around here? As nature usually has a way of putting things to rights, the bucket scenario may ring true!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

At the risk of me beginning to sound like a farmer, I wish it would bloody p*ss it down - we have had about half an inch of rain this April - coupled with scorching sun and fairly strong winds, the fields are beginning to blow away.
            Gonna search the web for a rain dance !!
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I having some friends round for a BBQ on Friday..that guarentees rain! Hasn't rained here in two months.

Comment

Last night we had a thunderstorm here with some heavy rain. Lasted about two hours. The plants loved it I'm sure I didn't, I hid under my duvet
                "A good gardener always plants 3 seeds - one for the bugs, one for the weather and one for himself.” - Leo Aikman
                Lauren

Comment

Ash only just starting to peek out of their buds...oak already in leaf ..
                  memo to self......order more water butts...
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We've not had any rain to speak of for weeks now. BW has been watering the seedlings everyday. Oak leaves out well before the ash here.
                    We managed to scavenge a blue waterbut from the canal last week, and have got our name down for some barrels from the local Indian Restaurant (apparently ones that have had mango chutney in!!).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X