ecover washing powder

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecover washing powder

I've decided to give this a go ( what with a horse and a lottie-my poor washing machine seems to be on most of the time!! )
    The thing I want to share with you is that I am really pleased that instead of a plastic measuring thingy (inside every packet of my regular brand ) there is a piece of card which opens out into a mini-type Mc D fries holder -to use as a scoop.
    If the powder smells OK ( might mix 50:50 to start with) and it doesn't irritate the skin, then I'll stick with it.
    Why can't the other washing powder manufacturers provide these cardboard scoops??????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Have you checked out the 'money-saving old-style' thread on MSE.com for ideas on saving washing powder? I followed their suggestion for using white vinegar as a fabric softner, very good.

I think there's also an eco-thread where you could ask for advice on washing powders. I used ecover a long time ago and I didn't rate it, but everyone's different. I do use ecover washing-up liquid though.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I use ecover washing up liquid - tried the laundry powder but with a family of four, dog, cat, four horses...... it was rather expensive. Also was impressed with the scoop inside but then I have used an old plastic egg cup for years anyway. To be honest, I have reverted to Fairy non-bio as I prefer the results. Maybe it is time the eco-friendly stuff was a similar price to the regular options.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

I agree Shirl - we buy the 10kg boxes of Persil from Costco at £15 ish. The same amount of Ecover would cost around £26. That's a big difference. I'm tempted to try some of the re-usable stuff (soapnuts & laundry balls) from Lakeland Limited - has anyone else tried them?

Vik
        Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

http://viks-garden.blogspot.com/

Comment

I bought the 2 balls which go in the tumble drier but they are REALLY noisy!!!!
          Even with the utility room door and kitchen door closed they could be heard throughout the house!
          I'll probably only use them again when I go out of the house.
          I fancy the soap nuts though!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I use eco-balls...I didn't rate them for cleaning, but they do 'rough up' the laundry a bit.
            Ecover multi-purpose spray is the best working and best-smelling all purpose cleaner you can buy, in my opinion. Rate it, and their washing up liquid.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I am about to trial Neways products,including washing powder. no horrid chemicals and eco friendly. Will keep you posted as to the results.

And it is delivered......
              Last edited by shirley; 04-05-2007, 09:51 AM.
              Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Have used the Ecover washing powder for a bit and find it every bit as good as my normal stuff. Also use the washing up liquid and hand soap. Buy them all in bulk by mail order and decant into the smaller boxes / bottles, it's cheaper and means less packaging.

Have also got some washing balls but they're not very good - they're OK for freshening up guest towels which haven't had much use but are no way good enough for anything you've had in the garden! The tumble drier balls I have are brill - I don't find them at all noisy (maybe I have a different set, mine are one blue and one pink) unlike the washing balls. The tumble ones don't get used much especially now it's warmer but reduce the drying time quite a bit and soften the clothes somehow or other without adding nasty chemicals - also they last for years. Thoroughly recomend them.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

just done a bit of reasearch...

this doesn't give the 'alternative' products (soap nuts & balls) a very good write up...

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...owpage&pid=202

Vik
                  Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

http://viks-garden.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X