Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what are we all doing for Christmas?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what are we all doing for Christmas?

Staying at home, going away to family, family coming to you?

I've got my parents, as always, for about a week and we'll have our traditional barbecue Christmas dinner. We will have most of my sister's family over for a buffet on Boxing Day but we won't see anything of the BH's family (as usual)

This year though, will be the very first without my oldest. No1 Son is going to spend Christmas with the Secret Girlfriend. It really won't be the same but I guess it was inevitable.....I'm going to make them a special card for their first Christmas together.

Hopefully, we'll be getting the tree tomorrow!
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

No idea!!.........

Comment

Home as always...love it!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Home with the family then off to a weeding int Yorkshire on new years eve.......daughters are both bridesmaids........so exited!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Me and Mr P are going to Cornwall to stay with our daughter, son in law and the scrummy grandsons. Heaven. On Sunday, we're going to walk in this wood where a local theatre company turn it into something magical, apparently Xmas eve we're spending with the other grandparents who are lovely so all-in-all, I'm a very happy little elf.

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
            Home with the family then off to a weeding int Yorkshire on new years eve.......daughters are both bridesmaids........so exited!
            Hope you have a lovely weeding in our part of the world..............as for Xmas, if Snadge is owt to go by, I'll be climbing in my box..........
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

strange one this year, looks like seeing parents for a couple of hours xmas morning and youngest son will be spending xmas with his dad's family(his gran died a few weeks back), eldest will be at his girlfriends so just me and mr wadders - might have to get the decorating stuff out!!!!!!
              First year that I haven't cooked a huggggggggggeeeee turkey and all the trimmings, thinking of having a rib of beef. Hey that's another question, what's everyone else having for dinner, traditional turkey, beef nut roast??

Comment

Everything will be ready, organised, bought, cleaned and tidied to within an inch of... Yeah right! PMSL Mr.G's parents are coming to us for full Christmad dinner on the day, and my Folks are coming for the same on Boxing day. I'm on morning stables duties both days, and Mr.G will be happily making one chuffing heck of a mess in our pokey little kitchen, so I'll be well out of the way.

The day after, I'll be clearing up, while he either sleeps, watches telly, or goes to work. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Turkey on the day, as requested, Leftovers and Rost-Biff on Boxing day. Bummocks, I'm hungry now...
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 04-12-2012, 07:46 AM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Not my Christmas this year. So quiet lead up to the day. Probably a local Christmas bbq at the fire shed.

Then hide the ute out the back on Christmas day so I can have a sleep in and breaky in my pj's, without the nieghbours ringing to invite me out! I'm not noice till afternoon on Christmas day!

Some of the kids will be back on Boxing day for work etc. So will be a bit of fun then.

One son is working day after Boxing day at his cafe, so maybe start a tradition of having Mum to coffee at the cafe.........oh this could be fun!
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    No idea!!.........

theres always room here,with en suit,but you have to climb the stairs
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thanks Lottie Stairs I can do!
                      I have several invites - but I'll probably spend most of the day on my own with beans on toast for lunch My life - my choice - sympathy not required

Comment

Down South to see Mr R's folks before Christmas; Christmas at home; sis and family coming on Boxing Day; NY in Scotland with other sis.
                        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

As usual one side of family will be gathering at my parent's house for Christmas day so that's Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins and Sibblings... I reckon it will be 15 of us on the day with a couple more possibly joining us.

Massive Christmas Dinner with way too much food (not our turn to cook this year - OH and I did it last year!) followed by exchanging presents and then TV / board games (mainly Articulate and Escape From Atlantis!) / a walk in the woods if it's dry / drinking / snoozing / grazing... I can't wait!

Some of us will stay over and Boxing Day is usually a very relaxed affair!

We don't really see much of other side of the family or OH's family...
                          http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

We'll be at home looking to eat sometime mid to late afternoon. Menu still being considered but maincourse will be turkey and trimmings with as much home grown veg as we can muster. We treat one another to a main present and several little things that are more fun than anything else and the gift tags have a cryptic clue as to what is contained in the parcel and then have fun trying to make sense of the clues and opening the parcels. Well xmas is for kids including the big ones
                            Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrswadders View Post
                              strange one this year, looks like seeing parents for a couple of hours xmas morning and youngest son will be spending xmas with his dad's family(his gran died a few weeks back), eldest will be at his girlfriends so just me and mr wadders - might have to get the decorating stuff out!!!!!!
                              First year that I haven't cooked a huggggggggggeeeee turkey and all the trimmings, thinking of having a rib of beef. Hey that's another question, what's everyone else having for dinner, traditional turkey, beef nut roast??
                              Because I'm awkward and hate turkey, we spent several years experimenting with different Christmas dinners. We chose unusual things, or the kids' favourites when they were smaller, but little kids don't each much when over excited and everything was a bit of a flop. And then, about seven years ago, we bought a huge whole rump at a wholesalers. Instant hit. But the best way to cook steak for anything up to twenty people was by BBQ. We don't cook for quite that number now but we always BBQ whatever the weather. The BH cooks, well togged up, and clutching a beer, out under the gazebo.

It's so much easier to clean up - the only things cooked in the house are roasted mixed veg and chips. We have salad too, which can be prepped the night before.

On Dec 23rd we bake a big ham overnight. Christmas Eve is Ham, Chips & Egg - my Ma's favourite, then the rest of the ham is put out for carving on Christmas Day. I know it's chips two days running....but hey! it's Christmas.....
                              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X