Suffering with the fags

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redser View Post
    Someday they will be banned completely and people will look back in wonder that governments allowed this poison to be sold.
    Income...........At £10 Billion a year I don't think they will be in too much of a hurry to ban them.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

But how much would it save the health service? Plus that 10 billion would be back in people's pockets to spend on other stuff.

Comment

But how much would it save the health service? Plus that 10 billion would be back in people's pockets to spend on other stuff.
        Approx £5/7 Billion on NHS...........once (if) they ban tobacco products they can then start to heavily tax alchohol..........the govmt need to get their cash from somewhere.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

They already heavily tax alcohol (and petrol). I'm NOT happy for the smokers to continue "subsidising" my glass of wine!

Amended because BigMallly told me off
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-02-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            They already heavily tax alcohol (and petrol). I'm happy for the smokers to continue "subsidising" my glass of wine!
            That's exactly my point VC but this is Reds support group...........

Comment

Reds, Whites, I don't mind OK, I take it back, I will happily pay extra for a glass of wine if Red gives up smoking - and for anyone else who may be reading this

Comment

Well I'm glad the NOT appeared!

Comment

The things I say for a quiet life I'll toast your continued success tonight in a glass of Redser

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    Income...........At £10 Billion a year I don't think they will be in too much of a hurry to ban them.
                    Smuggling is a problem now it would be an even bigger problem if the sale of tobacco items were banned.
                    How would such a ban be policed?
                    The powers that be haven't managed to stop people smoking cannabis.
                    Question...........................would a ban include snuff ?
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      .the govmt need to get their cash from somewhere.
                      Have the full costs of smoking (and treating the effects of smoking) been taken into account here?

- direct costs to NHS of treating smoking related illness
                      - ditto for treating passive smoking illnesses
                      - revenue (income tax) lost from people not working, due to illness or early death
                      - money not spent on fags will be spent on other things, hence generating more VAT for the Govt
                      - and lots of other things I can't think of right now
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks Patch. Have saved 60 euro so far. Feel better, smell better, look better.
                        Wow! That's 6 euros a day, so by the end of the year you'll be 2,000 euros in profit! £1,900! Wow! Well done you! All that cash and good health too! What's not to persevere for?
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

.... My sense of smell is coming back much stronger. I put on a coat I hadn't worn in a few weeks this morning. Took it straight off and threw it in the machine. peeyew, the smell of stale smoke. Embarassing to think other people smelled that...
                          I've never smoked and find the smell of smoke, fresh or stale, repulsive. I can mostly avoid being near people that smell like an ashtray full of week old dog-ends, but occasionally in my car I get stuck in traffic behind a smoker. Yes, I can smell you if you smoke in your car. If smokers like smoke, why do they roll down the window and hang their fag out of it so the stink comes in my air vents? Why do they blow the smoke out of the window? I have to pull over or hang back and allow two or three other cars to fill the gap.

I'm so glad your sense of smell is clearing redser, and all those veg you grow will taste so much better too.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

If they stopped you smoking,drinking & eating bacon sandwiches you would not live any longer it would only seem like it.
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

1 year and possibly 2 weeks ? escaped from the cigarette trap. its not giving up - its ESCAPING. the allan carr book helped me escape the evil weed. i have a new horse, and don't smell revolting - erm apart from when I muck out........

Comment

Shavings/pellets instead of straw, Petal, and waterproof over-trousers/jacket (kagoul/pac-a-mac type). That sorts it!

Sorry, just a quick diversion - as you were...
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X