No announcement yet.

Suffering with the fags

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redser according to Mr Pots it should get easier now you're made it this far. He tried a couple of times to give up smoking but what did it in the end was when eldest daughter said she didn't want a good night kiss because he smelt 'funny' she was only 5 at the time so it did hurt him. Anyway that was 32 year ago and he's not touched one since.
    So Hang in there you know you can do it.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks. I've had that too. What can you say? No I dont!!?? It's awful.

Comment

• Well, Redser, how are you doing?

Comment

• Hey Redser, you still on the wagon? Check in.
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• yups cmon matey, we are rooting for you

Comment

• Still looking in on you!

If you've had a relapse...well- come back and we'll keep supporting you!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• thanks for all the concern. 5 weeks clean today. I have to say it feels different this time compared to other times I tried to quit. I feel more done with them. Not letting my guard down though, it's still early days. Went for a few pints during the week, and that would always be hell, tapping the toes and fingers. But it was grand. Replacing them with simple things like fruit, water, skipping for a few minutes (I know I know) has really helped. I feel doubly good about the change.
                Cheers, thanks for asking

Comment

• Good on you red - been thinking about you

Comment

• Woohoo! Congrats on the 5 week mark. That's a real milestone. Especially since you stayed strong over a couple of pints. Really pleased for you.
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Yey!...that is really good news!

Well done you!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 24-02-2013, 09:25 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• And of course I didn't have this support before

Comment

• I used to smoke 30 a day. I stopped about five years ago. If cigs cost £5 a pack that equates to £7.50 a day. five years is 1825 days.. 1825 days at £7.50 = £13,687.50
                          That's a good reason to stop smoking BUT
                          I stopped because I couldn't breath properly, I had a really bad cough, I smelt horrible, I was always longing for the next cigarette, I would smoke a cigarette between courses of meals but most of all I wanted to stay healthy and ALIVE to be there for my family!
                          I did it with nicotine chewing gum. It took me ages to stop having the gum but it was worth it.
                          I feel fab, I don't wheeze, I have unlimited energy and I've got money to spend on other things.
                          Good luck, your doing GREAT!
                          Lynne x

Comment

• Right, Wizzbang - I want to send my Husband to you - he needs a good talking to by someone just like you!

Well done Redser!!!!! Keep up the good work - you're EPIC!

Sorry, I hate that advert too!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• well done matey. Great you are winning the battles. The more you win like managing to resist when out for a pint, the nearer winning the war you are

Comment

• So OK I used to smoke & I quit over three & a half years ago.

A question I would ask all smokers would you take a tenner out of your wallet & set it on fire?

After all that is what you are doing when you smoke.
                                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X