No announcement yet.

Has anyone rooted .... their phone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

root is just the c:\ on a pc....or the start menu depending...
    I'm not helping am I?

shuffles off......
    Last edited by taff; 12-03-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Hey ho! I recently got a galaxy ace and was also disappointed that pretty much all apps auto save to the phone memory. After about 20 apps the memory was full. The ace won't automatically let you move apps to the sd card.
      I didn't want to root, not with a 2yr warranty.
      Eventually I found a way to do it without rooting, you need to download the Android developer kit then connect your phone, copy and paste a command and Bobs your mothers brother.
      A very small bit of most apps is still stored on the phone but I now have 58 apps and 46Mb free on the phone.
      If it's something you'd like to consider (it was really easy) I'll dig out the link.
      Last edited by cptncrackoff; 12-03-2013, 08:09 PM. Reason: auto correct on my phone...oops
      <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

yay some sanity! hope that ^^ post helps you TS
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
          root is just the c:\ on a pc....or the start menu depending...
          I'm not helping am I?
          To be fair that makes more sense, I think it's the fact that people are talking about "rooting" so I'm expecting it to attach to something in a doing way when it sounds like all you're really talking about is amending / reprogramming the operating system which makes more sense to me - if it's not this then don't disillusion me as it works in my head.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

rooting is simular to getting into the command line...kinda like DOS days... it's a term from the unix/linux world where the root is the admin with traditionally command line access
            basically it allows access to the base operating system and allows you to change the core part of the operating system, which in this case is the android operating system
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Ah never been near anything linux so didn't know it had a totally different language - struggle enough with techie lingo at the best of times

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Some phones have a built in antenna others use the wire in the headphones.some non genuine headphones dont have the antenna wire in or very short one.
                Also found out FM had to be set on my phone to the european region
                Could also switch radio from phone speaker to headphones with the new radio app

Found AVG anti virus very useful shows whats running
                And where and how much memory being used.

Also found out that my phone was being filled full of cr apps that I didn't want or ask for
                Via oogle . found them with AVG

Turned the background data off and only use via the Wi Fi now.
                AVG is free

Comment

I don't normally suffer with headaches but just reading this has given me an almighty migraine, goodness knows how TS is feeling.

Potty
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and on?

Comment

No will that help?

Potty

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                        No will that help?

Potty
                        You never know.

Comment

the phone maintains power to the peripherals even when turned off. Taking out the battery however and then reinserting allows the machine which is after all a small computer a clean reboot.

Comment

You can't take out the battery in my phone without an awful lot of removing small screws and dismantling! It's a Sony Xperia S. Thankfully I'm not trying to modify it in any way, because they've made it very difficult.,,

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              I've copied all my photos from the SD card to my computer, and I've synced my calendar to the computer.

I don't know how to move my contacts list though, or Apps that are on the phone memory? I managed to export my contacts to the SD card (which didn't free ANY memory!), and then I put the SD card into the computer, but couldn't see my contacts list ... nothing, just music files.
                              There is a way of backing up the contacts to SD card, I managed to find it once. I know that if you go to the contacts and press menu but after that I can't remember. However according to one website it's
                              1 Open your contacts.
                              2 Press Menu and touch Import/Export.
                              3 Touch Export to SD card or Export to USB storage (depending on your model of phone).
                              4 Touch OK to confirm.
                              Hope that helps.

Comment

2Sheds is not around I hope she has not been taken away by the men in white coats.

Potty

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X