No announcement yet.

Has anyone rooted .... their phone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I believe you. But, could you explain why it says not for Ace? Is there something I should know before I proceed (having already lost my complete diary, I'm not eager to bodge it again)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      You just unroot it, before sending it off
      Yes, I meant if I did it wrong, and/or broke it whilst trying, I couldn't just send it off and get it fixed under warranty.
      <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Well, I was on the point of buying a Galaxy Ace phone but after reading this article I am asking myself do I really want/need one? The answer is a great big NO - I can't be doing with all the hassle.
        All I need is a phone I can send texts on and make the odd phone call - so I'll stick to my little ancient Samsung and save some money at the same time.
        Thanks guys
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

TS 4 hours later and multiple downloads, I could not get that other software to work...
          I still say I don't think it's worth the risk esp with the bricking it risk. Have you managed to back up your contacts yet?
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by ladylottie View Post
            Well, I was on the point of buying a Galaxy Ace phone ...I'll stick to my little ancient Samsung
            Glad to be of service!
            Seriously, I'm never afraid of posting that I can't understand something, or can't get summat to work: because I know I won't be the only one

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
            TS 4 hours later and multiple downloads, I could not get that other software to work...
            OK. I won't bother then: which one was that? I tried SuperOneClick last night and got nothing, was it that one?

Yes, I backed up my contacts: they are now appearing 6 times each on my phone (I'm not very good at this, but I enjoy learning)

And thanks for your continued patience and help. I do still want to root the phone, because it's no good to me as it is: I can't back up the calendar and I've lost lots of useful apps

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              How long does it take, usually? 'cos I did all that and nothing's happening. After clicking on Root, I got 3 things:

- superuser.apk
              - su-v1
              - su-v2

and a click box above them that says "extract all files?"

My phone says USB is connected, do I want to copy files between computer and SC card?
              Have you extracted the download to your PC?
              Right click on the SuperOneClick.exe icon and run as Adminstrator. When the programme is running then click on the Root button and it should root your phone.
              Last edited by Buleste; 16-03-2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

There isn't a "run" option if I right click: I can open, delete, rename etc, but there isn't a run option

Comment

If you haven't got run as an administrator then try just double clicking on SuperOneClick.exe to get the programme running.

Comment

I did trying double clicking, it doesn't do anything different, ie it still doesn't run. I'll uninstall it and try reinstalling SOC.

edit: I tried again, with a different version, and clicked on "Run as Administrator", but then all I got was a pop up asking me to donate some money to keep the service free !.

I give up.

thanks guys. I think I'll just have to put up with a smartphone that isn't all that smart
                    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 17-03-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

The theme of this thread truely deserves the title of 'A SAGA'

Potty
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Yes TS that one and yes Colin I agree
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X